Thread: Chute lake area

Chute lake area

Hello HBC
    wondering if anyone knows what’s going on with all the signs up the Gallard fsr ? Warning no shooting or discharging a bow or cross bow! I know there are a lot of hunters go up there. I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the new bike trails !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chute lake area

Who put up the signs?

Chute Lake area sees a lot of use by non hunters, and if “they” have added to the already busy situation with yet more trails, I’m not surprised “they” would put up signs. The KVR is part of the TCT so one probably should expect a no shooting zone along it similar to highways.

As post 2 says, who put up the signs? If they are not from government, I’d check with COs and City staff to see if it’s legit. It wouldn’t be the first time someone put up no trespassing or shooting signs on property they have no legal claim to. Have you looked at the BC Gov website for mentions of a new no shooting zone in the regs?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

They just created a park this year on gillard at the first big right turn. There's a parking lot in there now and trail signs. There are mountain bike and hiking trails in there.

I walked in there to hunt one time. Walked back out when I saw how many mountain bikers and dingle nuts with rifles were in such a small area

Quote Originally Posted by g2mike View Post
    I walked in there to hunt one time. Walked back out when I saw how many mountain bikers and dingle nuts with rifles were in such a small area
    The lower bike trails used to produce some dandy bucks late season. Good winter area.

There has been some bike trails for years. Now they have added way more. Not sure why the crown land can’t be shared? Looks like provincial government put the signs up
    forest range and practices act forest recreational regulation section 11.2

yep the lower gillard area is fantastic deer country for their winter range. just like kettle valley estates was, the ponds area, crawford, dilworth, clifton, wilden........... anyone noticing a trend??

^^^^yes, the trend is our society keeps expanding and infringing on wildlife and habitat...two things need to occur in order to have long term sustainability of our planet: our economy has to focus on sustaining what we have not always growing, and same with the human population, there are some cultures that have way too many kids..Kelowna is a prime example of the growth that the planet as a whole can't sustain..