Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Moose in BC : What’s driving the declines?

Re: Moose in BC : What’s driving the declines?

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    so they were in a "spiritual state of mind" for the traditional hunt

Where is the “like” button when you need it?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

so they were in a "spiritual state of mind" for the traditional hunt
    Hilarious, bigots on here are killing it..

Quote Originally Posted by stosto View Post
    Hilarious, bigots on here are killing it..
    nice virtue signaling stosto….sad really...……………………... trying to call out drunk idiots shooting at night with my sarcasm hardly could be considered as bigotry....I disagree with this activity that has been allowed by our courts as it is a result of perverting a traditional hunting method that only a lawyer could claim is the same as the tradition....just plain stupid drunk or sober

My own observations, the spraying of Round-Up or similar chemical, on clear cuts has finally come home to roost. In the area around PG it is hard to find any significant source of willow. 25 years ago the spraying was done but not too successful in a lot of cases.
    Then about the same time maybe earlier, the allowable harvest of black bear went from 5 spring through fall, to two one spring one fall, then hunters were legislated to take all edible portions. Many hunters just said f'it, as many ,self included would harvest a convenient black bear , pull the hams off and continue on. I rarely take a bear these days as 100 pounds of smokies are a bit more than I can consume in a year, but I do like the ham steaks.
    Bottom line , the loss of food and environmental changes are big issues as well as increased predation.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

nice virtue signaling stosto….sad really...……………………... trying to call out drunk idiots shooting at night with my sarcasm hardly could be considered as bigotry....I disagree with this activity that has been allowed by our courts as it is a result of perverting a traditional hunting method that only a lawyer could claim is the same as the tradition....just plain stupid drunk or sober
    I agree with you, 100%.
    I'm thinking our judicial system has been corrupted, and now they are just making stuff up to fulfill the end. That would be a shame since any countries judicial system and laws, are at the highest level of that countries society...and if they are perceived as on par with lets say mexico's judicial system, then we got a problem.

Great video. As others have said, there is no point of moose management if FN can do whatever they want and never need to report.

As others have noted, among cow moose deaths, 15% were due to unlicensed hunters. Only 1% were due to licensed hunters.

Who are these unlicensed hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by Five View Post
    Great video. As others have said, there is no point of moose management if FN can do whatever they want and never need to report.

As others have noted, among cow moose deaths, 15% were due to unlicensed hunters. Only 1% were due to licensed hunters.

Who are these unlicensed hunters?
    A sixty-four thousand dollar question, no doubt!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein