Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Moose in BC : What’s driving the declines?

Re: Moose in BC : What’s driving the declines?

[QUOTE=SPEYMAN;2113413]Those laws are that detrimental to others, then they must be changed. This is 2019, laws made years ago are not applicable to this day and age. The Politicians must stop using those excuses and make changes.[/QUOTE
    Speyman
    We are talking the Constitution here. While I agree with you that this set of rules or guidelines needs to change, I don't think it would be wise to go there at this time. If you were to open up the Constitution to amend it at this time in our history, I would guarantee you, you wouldn't like the result. With all the political posturing, virtue shaming, and UN Human rights activities being pushed, we would probably all end up in a far worse situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEYMAN View Post
    Those laws are that detrimental to others, then they must be changed. This is 2019, laws made years ago are not applicable to this day and age. The Politicians must stop using those excuses and make changes.
    I agree...maybe we wait for a Federal Conservative government, hopefully by the end of this year, and then we create a petition with this request?

This year bears and wolves got the calves that I was watching. A set of twins and a single. Grizzly go untouched unless they are caught killing a beef cow. A male cougar can make a dent too in the moose.
    The natives shooting the cows, I hope has slowed down due to all the attention that was brought to it. I used to investigate all shooting near me until I ran into a group drunk with loaded guns. Not so much anymore.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    This year bears and wolves got the calves that I was watching. A set of twins and a single. Grizzly go untouched unless they are caught killing a beef cow. A male cougar can make a dent too in the moose.
    The natives shooting the cows, I hope has slowed down due to all the attention that was brought to it. I used to investigate all shooting near me until I ran into a group drunk with loaded guns. Not so much anymore.
    so they were in a "spiritual state of mind" for the traditional hunt

Thanks for posting the video. Fully support a science based approach.

Also, no more spray or monoculture!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

We are the problem, too many of us. Too much logging and road access. Predators have a free for all because of humans.
    We can't blame the natives or anyone else for what is happening. I'm no enviro hippy but it's pretty clear why the decline is happening.
    Can type all we want about the fires or the pinebeetle or the government but in the end we have to realize it's US that have caused the decline..

Quote Originally Posted by tipper View Post
    We are the problem, too many of us. Too much logging and road access. Predators have a free for all because of humans.
    We can't blame the natives or anyone else for what is happening. I'm no enviro hippy but it's pretty clear why the decline is happening.
    Can type all we want about the fires or the pinebeetle or the government but in the end we have to realize it's US that have caused the decline..
    I disagree, its not "us" ...respectfully.
    Its not us who gave the forest companies a free for all, nor is it us who has the authority to reign in the FN and their free for all even at a time when its a conservation concern. I dont believe the government listened to their own biologists regarding dwindling populations.
    We didn't cause a massive increase in predators, the government could have (still could) initiate massive wolf culls.

The government has to bear 100% of the responsibility for the problems we share in wildlife management, not the hunters who are lawfully and morally hunting according to the laws of the land, hunters are the only ones putting anything back into wildlife.

There are others responsible, lets just point the finger at the ones who make the laws because, there could be enough game for all of us if it were managed with some competence.

Government Government that's us! Believe what you want but there's nobody to blame but US once again.
    I don't have the time to type in the useless babble with my 14 hour work days. Good luck thinking about how you know everything about biology.
    PS: I respect you a lot 338winmag. cheers

Great video. Shines a light on the embarrassing problem we have here in BC. Who would have thought that the massive wholesale cutting of millions of acres of bush would hurt an animal that survives on that habitat? Crazy eh? Hopefully after all these fires the last couple of years someone will have the fore site to set aside some large areas and let them regenerate naturally (as well as decommission roads into the same areas).