Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mu 7-41 moose draw

Re: mu 7-41 moose draw

just wanna say thanks to everyone who gave there opinion so far. I'm kinda having second thoughts about this hunt, I'm at the point where i either get third party with a decent truck, good tires, spares ext.. or take my jeep and put new bfg ko2's on it, take it in for a tune up and pray it holds up...dont wanna give this opportunity up but sound like its a shit show just to get to the grounds.

I tried to help some folks last fall that broke a trailer leaf spring. They were going to 7-37, just south of there. After watching what they went through, I would spend the money on a spare leaf spring or two, ubolts and nuts/bolts. I work in the area sometimes. I pack three spares. One session last fall I had a catastrophic flat (couldn’t be fixed), and lent a spare to another guy in the same situation. I would avoid pulling a trailer if at all possible.

I have a moose draw in a hard to access area but will be trying my luck in an open bull area first. Lots of GOS opportunity, no need to be hunting an area that isnt working for you.

hey guys, got back from 7-41.
    iv never been that far north before and was a pretty awesome experience seeing northern bc. Ok about the hunt it was just me and my bro, couldn't get a third party with a truck to go with so we took my jeep. surprisingly had no issues on the dirt road, lotta abandoned cars and blown out tires along the way. honestly if my jeep gave out during the ride over i wouldn't know what to do either. took us two days to get up there 7hrs from machenzie to the hunting grounds on the dirt road. fueled up at the reserve gas station, they add another 30 cents on the litre for the reserve tax, was like whatever. as soon as we drove in to the hunting grounds saw a fresh gut pile, looked small spike fork or calf. set up shop by the first spot along the main fsr, along a river. we packed light so were sleeping in a tent, weather was on and off raining. so kinda shittty. we hunting three whole days up there hammering all the major fsr hunting roads. everything was over grown, no clear cuts, every atv or hunting road you can drive maybe 30 ft than get out and walk cuzz of wind fall(trees). hit up some swamps and march, but absolutely no fresh sighn. everything old. we were the only ones there hunting during the day, couple other trucks waiting for dark until they started there hunt. all n all biggest issue was that everything was over grown, we tried cow calling in some areas that looked moosy but nothing. no new logging anywere. the only fresh sign we saw was on the main road, every day new tracks on the main fsr road. they would come out a the bush walk along main road for 30 ft and run back in the bush. that was it. main road hunting in that area at the time we went. should maybbe cow called off main road where we saw tracks. we hunted three full days and did actually have a crack at a bull at the end of the first day. sure enough on the main road. after hunting up the mountain all day we were shit kicked so headed back to camp when we make the a turn and saw two bulls walking side by side on the main road. brother got out and verified they were bulls one big and one smaller. was a long range shot and the bull was facing us. we waited to see if they would keep coming towards us but nope they turned for the bush, brother shot twice then we rushed over to see if we hit em. no blood anywhere, we heard them breaking branches and running up the mountain but was to dark in there to go after em. soo my experience of 7-41 was good, little over grown but good, all the sign is off main road. we saw nothing up the mountains, just old sign. never tried hiking the river but saw numerous partys goin up thte river by jet boat. hunted three full days, had our chance at the end of first day and messed up. oh well all about the experience right. lotta bears and lotta wolf shit everywhere. if you hunt there your limited to road hunting unless you call one in.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I may put in for 7-41 next year! Ive been saying I was gonna go back up there! Glad to help you out kosser, dam moose!! Thanks for the report back! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"