Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gear Checklist - feedback appreciated

Re: Gear Checklist - feedback appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    As others have said, Garmin Inreach mini for me has been a game changer....

A light tripod (I have the Manfrotto Bfree carbon) is definitely worth it's weight, having the binos steady is like an increase in magnification. The comfort will extend your glassing sessions.
    Will probably bite the bullet on an Inreach this year. Will probably borrow a tripod from a friend and test it before buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post

I always take along a large knife(a Muela Jabali) & a folding knife(BUCK).
    A Wetterlings hunting hatchet....
    Might bring a hatchet to leave at camp depending if we will be setting up a camp to live out of for a couple days. BTW Wetterlings quit production...if you have one hold onto it!

There’s a new Garmin out there for those that are in the market. I’m assuming the mapping is going to be a lot better on these than the inReach. I haven’t handled one and I don’t plan on it until my inReach quits

https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/62...88-01#overview
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

A few years back, I was preparing for a sheep hunt up north. I did a search of a couple sections of this forum (hunting gear, mainland BC) and found some really good info.
    Here is a link to the best one I found. See post #20 in this thread.
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...k-weight/page2.
    Both my son and I ended up with 50 pound packs, not including rifle, by following the list closely and not duplicating anything in each others packs.
    Semper in excretum altum

look up a Wyoming Saw comes with two blades one for wood one for game . iv had one for 15 years , a axe would be nice sometimes but the weight and space and its just plain in the way in your pack . i dont plan on being in the same place for long enough to stack up firewood . i move with the Game . and i never bring gun cleaning equipment . i clean before i go and when i get home , i mean how much shooting are you going to do. one shot one kill is the plan . and a scope stand and scope are more weight . be nice to have . but once again . im moving too fast and dont need the extra weight and fear of having something happen to my scope . i use it for base camp when i have one . glassing slides from the road . to drag it up a mountain, just not my thing . more than ten rounds is a good idea . you just never know if you do need the extra ammo . better to have than not . i guess everyone has there list and preference on what they need and dont need . i used to overload myself with stuff . but i got it down now to the bare essentials. extra socks and shirts are always a good idea . change them out when you need them . i love my jet boil . its the best thing out there for hot water and some good handy wipes are nice . i bring two good sharp knifes , so i dont need a sharpener . thats all i can i think of for now . but i remenber anything i will let you know .!.
    " Never tell me the Odds "