Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooter or not?

Shooter or not?

I was lucky enough to get doe draw,,but if I see mama deer with bambi,, of course I won't shoot mama..question is Is it legally ok to shoot young one instead ? Even I dont know sex of it..I value quality of meat instead of quantity..thx f..gun

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shooter or not?

Bambi should be self sufficient, fill your Doe draw...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I think it’s recommended that you take the younger one, as the doe will go into esterus while the youngin will be
    susceptible to predation on their own, and will not reach breeding age till the following year.(dependent on age of the offspring of course)

I think biologist have shown that even a "dry doe" can be "dry" a couple of years and then start breeding again. By the fall the fawns are weend... take what you desire. There's no "trophy" doe in the traditional sense.

the tag is antlerless, so if it doesn't have antlers its legal. I know lots of guys that shoot a big fawn rather than the breeding doe, to each their own, you decide as its all ethical. One just has more meat than the other, and one will almost surely be a bit more tender than the other at the very least
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    I think biologist have shown that even a "dry doe" can be "dry" a couple of years and then start breeding again. By the fall the fawns are weend... take what you desire. There's no "trophy" doe in the traditional sense.
    I get a kick out of people using the term "dry" whether its for moose or deer or elk. All it means is that the fawn/calf didn't make it, hard to say whether that animal is capable of breeding still. Its a silly term. Number of reasons for the animal not having a young on its side...predators, vehicle strike, tough winter, disease...
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Should be able to shoot a buck too, if he didt manage to grow antlers over 2.5cm by then as well.

In fact I know people have done that thinking they were shooting at a doe because the small nubs were impossible to see. Legal.

Rare, though.

Why not find a doe without a fawn. Wait a couple more minutes and shoot the buck that is following her.

Could argue this one all day if you like..... but it would still be what one person feels about it..

Bottom line is the tag is for Antlerless... what ever you want to do is ok and legal.

That said I would shoot a big doe, only because I want more meat.

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    I was lucky enough to get doe draw,,but if I see mama deer with bambi,, of course I won't shoot mama..question is Is it legally ok to shoot young one instead ? Even I dont know sex of it..I value quality of meat instead of quantity..thx f..gun
    It's 2019, we can't dictate what gender they want to be so I m shooting the first deer I see.