Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Region 5-15B Moose LEH Logging road access?

Re: Region 5-15B Moose LEH Logging road access?

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    No attitude here Srupp, just being honest and trying to keep it real! I don't know why you're taking it personal if you've only been asked 3X about that area! I'll say it again, just look at the LEH authorizations for 5-15 over the last ten plus years and you'll get it, social media has been the demise of that MU! K

At least you know where NOT to go now =).

Quesnel Lake froze over last winter. The helicopter guy here flew the north arm and saw 28 wolves on the lake at the same time.
    That and the grizz closure isn't helping the moose up there at all.

Then came the internet, that was the beginning of the end! Some will say FN's( too far for them), some will say Griz, (they've been thick in there forever) and others will say (wolves)! All bullshit, social media finished that area!
    all due respect, but I think your on the wrong track on this one. Long before social media, word of mouth was bringing people from all over the province to region 5, case in point....5-13 A,B,C.....LOOOOOONG before social media 5-13 would be flooded with hunters from all over the province...you couldn't go a km without seeing another camp. Despite that, and the massive scale of the logging going on, the moose numbers remained strong.....until a horrible winter kill from ticks, followed by a massive rise in wolf population.
    Long before social media, everyone knew about "nazko", "the sikanni", " the sekunka", "the tuchodi", "gang ranch" etc, etc.....social media or not, its very rare a good hunting area is ever kept a secret for long. In the case of this particular area....i suspect all the folks who were in there logging back in the day started the word of mouth.....more hunters in there was inevitable.

To the OP....I suspect it could be rather hectic in parts of the boat access portion of the zone, as they are currently setting up and I suspect will be logging again on the east side of the north arm this fall.

JMO
    Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    No attitude here Srupp, just being honest and trying to keep it real! I don't know why you're taking it personal if you've only been asked 3X about that area! I'll say it again, just look at the LEH authorizations for 5-15 over the last ten plus years and you'll get it, social media has been the demise of that MU! K
    Hmmmm sorry Ken, I was wrong.in my response to you.
    Steven

Im thinkin 5-15b needs to have a stiki! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    Im thinkin 5-15b needs to have a stiki! Lol
    Hmmmm lol..fact is there are a lot better areas in region 5 for moose.
    A lot better.
    More questions on grizzlies here, than ever for moose.
    Srupp

I know there are better places, but is there more asked about? Lol

Before i got addicted to muley hunting our group took our fair number of moose. We had a zodiac with a 20hp jet and put it in ghost lake also we drove that nasty trail down to the north arm and jetted up there. All i can say is srupp is tell you what you need to hear. Oh ya, sss. There are problem bears at the ghost campsite.
    Hunting the promised land

Hmmmm lol..pretty certain that road down to north arm..goat trail is grown in..man that sure brings back memories..driving from the pond down to the north arm ., walking to Betties cabin in the dark...would not do that today..
    Pretty certain if one stayed at Ghost lake for a week would see a dozen grizzlies in the spring..
    Srupp

I was grizzly hunting there and we found the most epic moose shed I've ever seen. I'm talking 4" diameter base lol. There are a few roads you can run in 15B but it seems you are skirting the very edge of the zone the entire time.