Thread: chilcotin road conditions 5-03 moose draw

chilcotin road conditions 5-03 moose draw

I am looking to find out the conditions of the roads in the area. Gang ranch / Big Creek neighbourhood. I know that the region got hammered with a lot more rain than normal and that there was some severe flooding. [ it even made Global TV news ] I am aware of some washouts near where we normally camp and don't expect them to be repaired by the time we leave on our moose Leh. [ October ]
    But I was hoping to hear from someone who has travelled in the area recently or has some intel on road work etc... Or are they logging in there currently? As this usually means they keep the roads in decent condition. thanks in advance Steve

2. Site Sponsor

Re: chilcotin road conditions 5-03 moose draw

anybody ???? or shall I expect to hear cricketts on this.

Hmmm I called a friend who spends many, many hours out west each week..he said all roads are fixed and passable..I will check a couple of others who live out there..
    Im sure Garry hasnt been down every road..however he reported any damages seem to be repaired.
    Steven

Hmmm heard back from someone living out near Big Creek...roads are open is the report.both road ways.
    Srupp

Did the Farwell/Gang Ranch/Dog Creek/Enterprise loop a couple of weeks back. Lower road to Gang(2407) was barricaded, same at the ranch end. The main roads were washboardy, but otherwise fine. Churn Creek up to Dog Creek had obviously been damaged, and was a low gear crawl in the dually(BAD washboard).
    Happy trails

thanks for the updates of the area.