Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Region 5-15B Moose LEH Logging road access?

Region 5-15B Moose LEH Logging road access?

Hey all! My buddy got a moose draw at 5-15B. Now we are leaving 2 weekends from now for a scouting trip. He insist that we find logging roads instead of bringing jet boats. My plan was to launch somewhere in Quesnel Lake and then scout around the tip of the area. Has anyone hunted here before? Can anyone confirm if there are logging roads access in this area?

Thanks,
    G

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 5-15B Moose LEH Logging road access?

You can access it by road from Likely on past Maeford Lake over to the Matthew River. Through road is supposed to be good according to SRupp. PM him for detailed synopsis.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

i do believe if you go into gost lake i think theirs a few roads on that side that might be zone B bur srupp can tell you for sure

There's only one road that reaches about a 2km section of 5-15b, the entire rest of the zone requires a boat or plane.

Usually a gong show on that piece of road, as everyone who applied without realizing this zone is basically boat access crowds around the tiny piece of road access.

I'd advise using the boats if it was my tag.

I would advise boat. However I've overheard in a book at the bar that there is some logging slated for the area at some point. But they'really barging equipment.

But like I said, sources are a few degrees removed.

We hunted it 2 seasons a long while back.. The mass of the area is boat only, like everyone said. We stayed at Ghost lake, got our bulls ... BUT... there was no other traffic so to speak and I call. We were able to find some decent spots in the cut to call from.

The first year we drew the tags was literally .... I was drinking when I filled out the LEH and called my buddy and I missed the line I wanted.... Seriously. We went in and got lucky. other side of our group put in there for the next year and got it... and again we got lucky with the moose..... but we haven't put in since. The size of the area was too risky... And this was probably 8 years ago? The river through there had a couple cuts and a couple natural openings on it. There was 1 Road to hunt. The moose were using the river as a corrodoor

I would PM SRUPP.. he always helps out people. That guy deserves something for it as well.

Sent Srupp a PM. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    I would advise boat. However I've overheard in a book at the bar that there is some logging slated for the area at some point. But they'really barging equipment.

But like I said, sources are a few degrees removed.
    The barge is going steady.
    There are 3 crew boats going everyday too. Guys are roadbuilding over there bigtime, Wasko area.
    The Corral has a big private property sign on it.
    I think they have a bit of a camp set up too, there's trailers there.
    The won't be logging for awhile tho

I wouldn't bother going there this year, too much road traffic.
    Last edited by Drillbit; 08-23-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Hmmm just home from 2 weeks fishing..I did try to call you earlier today..no reply..went on to the 38 other hunters..lol
    cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm just home from 2 weeks fishing..I did try to call you earlier today..no reply..went on to the 38 other hunters..lol
    cheers
    Srupp
    Hopefully good karma comes your way for helping out so many others!!