Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone hunting any bull (elk) archery season in the WK or EK ?

Re: Anyone hunting any bull (elk) archery season in the WK or EK ?

Heading to a new area is fun. The first season could be classed as scouting trip. Enjoy yourself and stay positive

Remember what elk need : Food, water and security. Find these things in the smallest area and start looking around

Look on cool north facing slopes for elk bedding area. Trails likely will lead to feeding or water from here. Show some caution with bedding area, make sure the wind is right move slow. If you blow them out of their beds, they might really change their habits

Areas with high human precense (roads, trails) will likely not be where the elk will be spending the bulk of their time. Don't waste too much time looking in easily accessible spots.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Regs changed spike bull elk closed for region 4
    Last edited by tko; 08-31-2019 at 08:24 PM.

The rifle season was closed for spike bulls and referred to maps D4/6/8 with a July 2018 amendment - the archery only season still only specifies "Bull" which i believe still includes a spike bull in the Sept 1-9 archery only season.

Quote Originally Posted by tko View Post
    Regs changed spike bull elk closed for region 4

My partner and I sealed the deal on a big bodied 5x6 sept 1 morning. More central bc though.
    Bull came to our bugle, partner ran forward, I stayed back. Called him into 13 yards for the shooter, shooter rushed the shot, I figured we could have easily got the bull to 5 yards for him, but he was happy to shoot at 13....
    My previous big game animal ( moose) was only 8-10Ft away. Set up is very important.

Is there a picture allan ?