Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Osoyoos bass fishing advice

Osoyoos bass fishing advice

Hi Yall,

My Boss is coming out from Ontario next week and he wants to go Bass fishing in Osoyoos for large mouth. Not small mouth, just large mouth. Any one fishing large mouth these days down there and any reports on how the fishing is? Hot dog days of summer so what should I expect on Osoyoos Lake for a bite? We are going to be fishing on Tuesday night/Wednesday. I was hoping to rent a boat down there but no one rents fishing boats so it looks like I will have to drag my boat down from Kamloops.

Any other lakes that have good large mouth close by? I know Vaseux does but the rowing thing is out of the question.

Anyone have a buddy down there that rents fishing boats? Thanks for any help.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Osoyoos bass fishing advice

Doesn't he have all sorts of bass fishing out there? Why not take him trout fishing?

Ya, I tried. I live on the T and have all kinds of Springs going by my front door but hes got bass on the brain. Guys back east are addicted to bass like we are to trout. Plus, trout fishing is not great this time of year. Need a few weeks for the water to cool down.

I live in west kelowna and could let you borrow
    my boat... send me a pm and we can potentially organize something.

Skaha Lake might be worth a try.

We've got Bass in Shannon Lake but it's not exactly "going out fishing"

First light before the other boats make wakes every where i just went out in a kayak and just used a dew worm no weight no paddling and sat at the weed edge... one after another no problem.

rent a ski boat and fish from it. I drove down from kamloops in a car and just borrowed a kayak

Quote Originally Posted by jonz View Post
    Skaha Lake might be worth a try.
    Not many Largemouth Bass in Skaha Lake mostly 95 % Smallmouth
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by jan.wi97 View Post
    I live in west kelowna and could let you borrow
    my boat... send me a pm and we can potentially organize something.
    Thanks for the offer Jan, that's really nice of you. We decided to try Vaseux with the rowboat. If I get a 9 lb bucket mouth for the boss maybe I'll get a raise. Thanks for the tips guys!

I tried my hand at bass in Vaseux many years ago. Canoe. Used a floating lure in weed beds that mimicked a frog. Had one hit & it was explosive! So explosive he got away! I think I understand the desire to hook into these by our eastern bros. I prefer trout on light fly gear though. There's a nice little alpine lake up in the Monashees that produces nice brookies & the odd rainbow.