Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Osoyoos bass fishing advice

Hybrid View

Osoyoos bass fishing advice

Hi Yall,

My Boss is coming out from Ontario next week and he wants to go Bass fishing in Osoyoos for large mouth. Not small mouth, just large mouth. Any one fishing large mouth these days down there and any reports on how the fishing is? Hot dog days of summer so what should I expect on Osoyoos Lake for a bite? We are going to be fishing on Tuesday night/Wednesday. I was hoping to rent a boat down there but no one rents fishing boats so it looks like I will have to drag my boat down from Kamloops.

Any other lakes that have good large mouth close by? I know Vaseux does but the rowing thing is out of the question.

Anyone have a buddy down there that rents fishing boats? Thanks for any help.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Osoyoos bass fishing advice

Doesn't he have all sorts of bass fishing out there? Why not take him trout fishing?

Ya, I tried. I live on the T and have all kinds of Springs going by my front door but hes got bass on the brain. Guys back east are addicted to bass like we are to trout. Plus, trout fishing is not great this time of year. Need a few weeks for the water to cool down.

I live in west kelowna and could let you borrow
    my boat... send me a pm and we can potentially organize something.

Quote Originally Posted by jan.wi97 View Post
    I live in west kelowna and could let you borrow
    my boat... send me a pm and we can potentially organize something.
    Thanks for the offer Jan, that's really nice of you. We decided to try Vaseux with the rowboat. If I get a 9 lb bucket mouth for the boss maybe I'll get a raise. Thanks for the tips guys!

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Thanks for the offer Jan, that's really nice of you. We decided to try Vaseux with the rowboat. If I get a 9 lb bucket mouth for the boss maybe I'll get a raise. Thanks for the tips guys!
    Not a question, if you pass through one of these days just let me know, offer stands and I am
    eager to meet some of the guys on here.

Northwest side of the island is usually consistent but not for larger bass.
    Suggest that so you have something in your hip pocket.

What industry are you involved with?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Nice to see those brookies. I have unfortunately become so keyed in on big rainbows that it's hard for me to fish smaller lakes or creeks anymore. I usually only fish lakes with triploids now hoping for a giant. Lots of choices around the loops here for big bows. I cracked the 10lb mark finally this year. The biggest before that was a 9 1/4 I caught in 2010. Just goes to show how hard it is to get a BIG bow around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Northwest side of the island is usually consistent but not for larger bass.
    Suggest that so you have something in your hip pocket.

What industry are you involved with?
    Thanks for the tips Ourea. I'm a Rep for Johnson Outdoors fishing gear. Humminbird, Minn Kota motors and Cannon downriggers are the lines I represent.

Nice to see those brookies. I have unfortunately become so keyed in on big rainbows that it's hard for me to fish smaller lakes or creeks anymore. I usually only fish lakes with triploids now hoping for a giant. Lots of choices around the loops here for big bows. I cracked the 10lb mark finally this year. The biggest before that was a 9 1/4 I caught in 2010. Just goes to show how hard it is to get a BIG bow around here.

Thanks for the tips Ourea. I'm a Rep for Johnson Outdoors fishing gear. Humminbird, Minn Kota motors and Cannon downriggers are the lines I represent.
    You two have something in common.
    Vaseaux Lake is slowly filling with silt which is quite odd. Ministry thinks it comes from Shuttleworth Creek.
    Long ago, used to bowfish the carp in the northeast corner of Vaseaux when they were spawning. Talk about exhilarating when you connected. Get towed around until it finally exhausted itself which was never to my recollection less than 30 minutes.
    What do you do with carp? My dad used to bury them under the base of the garden peach tree, fertilizer.
    I heard tell that if you wanted to eat them, you wrap them in cowpie, then wrap in tinfoil and set them on a campfire for about ½ to 1 hour. When you think it's done, remove from the fire, un-wrap the foil, peel off the cowpie and throw the fish away.
    Say, where did you get the boat?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Skaha Lake might be worth a try.