Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Osoyoos bass fishing advice

Re: Osoyoos bass fishing advice

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    I tried my hand at bass in Vaseux many years ago. Canoe. Used a floating lure in weed beds that mimicked a frog. Had one hit & it was explosive! So explosive he got away! I think I understand the desire to hook into these by our eastern bros. I prefer trout on light fly gear though. There's a nice little alpine lake up in the Monashees that produces nice brookies & the odd rainbow.
    A beaut mike, care to share which one? I am hiking
    there next weekend and will love to have my fly rod along...

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Thanks for the offer Jan, that's really nice of you. We decided to try Vaseux with the rowboat. If I get a 9 lb bucket mouth for the boss maybe I'll get a raise. Thanks for the tips guys!
    Not a question, if you pass through one of these days just let me know, offer stands and I am
    eager to meet some of the guys on here.

Thanks for the offer Jan, that's really nice of you. We decided to try Vaseux with the rowboat. If I get a 9 lb bucket mouth for the boss maybe I'll get a raise. Thanks for the tips guys!
    Northwest side of the island is usually consistent but not for larger bass.
    Suggest that so you have something in your hip pocket.

What industry are you involved with?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by jan.wi97 View Post
    A beaut mike, care to share which one? I am hiking
    there next weekend and will love to have my fly rod along...
    PM sent with info. Generally not a problem to catch the limit. Paddling canoe dragging a wet fly.

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    PM sent with info. Generally not a problem to catch the limit. Paddling canoe dragging a wet fly.
    Cheers Mike!
    Looks great, hopefully I'll be able to upload a few pictures next week

You caught a nice pan fry trout there and the brookies are great eating Char.

Fishing Canada guy's ( PETE and ANGIE I think) fished Osoyoos for smallmouth bass on a show a few years ago, the fish that they were catching they said were the fish (small mouth bass) of a life time. The biggest small mouth bass they ever caught.

Nice to see those brookies. I have unfortunately become so keyed in on big rainbows that it's hard for me to fish smaller lakes or creeks anymore. I usually only fish lakes with triploids now hoping for a giant. Lots of choices around the loops here for big bows. I cracked the 10lb mark finally this year. The biggest before that was a 9 1/4 I caught in 2010. Just goes to show how hard it is to get a BIG bow around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Northwest side of the island is usually consistent but not for larger bass.
    Suggest that so you have something in your hip pocket.

What industry are you involved with?
    Thanks for the tips Ourea. I'm a Rep for Johnson Outdoors fishing gear. Humminbird, Minn Kota motors and Cannon downriggers are the lines I represent.

Nice to see those brookies. I have unfortunately become so keyed in on big rainbows that it's hard for me to fish smaller lakes or creeks anymore. I usually only fish lakes with triploids now hoping for a giant. Lots of choices around the loops here for big bows. I cracked the 10lb mark finally this year. The biggest before that was a 9 1/4 I caught in 2010. Just goes to show how hard it is to get a BIG bow around here.

Thanks for the tips Ourea. I'm a Rep for Johnson Outdoors fishing gear. Humminbird, Minn Kota motors and Cannon downriggers are the lines I represent.
    You two have something in common.
    Vaseaux Lake is slowly filling with silt which is quite odd. Ministry thinks it comes from Shuttleworth Creek.
    Long ago, used to bowfish the carp in the northeast corner of Vaseaux when they were spawning. Talk about exhilarating when you connected. Get towed around until it finally exhausted itself which was never to my recollection less than 30 minutes.
    What do you do with carp? My dad used to bury them under the base of the garden peach tree, fertilizer.
    I heard tell that if you wanted to eat them, you wrap them in cowpie, then wrap in tinfoil and set them on a campfire for about ½ to 1 hour. When you think it's done, remove from the fire, un-wrap the foil, peel off the cowpie and throw the fish away.
    Say, where did you get the boat?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

He’s looking for bass, so try Vaseaux or something like that...
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...