Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kluachesi Hunting

Re: Kluachesi Hunting

been there once. 4 of us flew into the lake in one plane and was successful with elk..(grizz ate 3/4 of one elk we got.)...lots of grizz there so manage your food cache and game meat well, have a rifle close by at all time in camp... saw caribou,moose, sheeps. definitely hike away from the lake to the drainage to the south as well as up the north ridge and glass.

like other had mentioned, it's beautiful there and just spending time with your son there hiking and glassing would be great time, but if you get lucky, you will have to work fast packing meat out back to camp by the lake before the flies/grizz/heat gets your meat.

we only saw one other group while we were there, so it wasn't bad at all for us. However that was 4 to 5 years ago and it sounded like it's more busy now. oh yah....we had to hire a second flight to get all the meat out.

feel free to DM me.
    Last edited by Kevin So; 10-17-2021 at 12:59 AM.
    Do Good ...and forget about it..

Region 7-50 is beautiful area. A pilot told me that the elk were down 85% from their peaks in 7-50. That number is staggering, but that explains why we don't see much elk in that MU like we used to. Moose are way down in Region 7 as well. I find more hunters around now that Jet Boats are plentiful. The animals are still out there, just harder and harder to get now... Maybe this lake is different, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by eatram; 09-02-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Yup, do protect stuff from Grizz.
    There have been incidents in the past up there.
    I am pretty sure one fellow I did work for was up there and he had taken an elk.
    Anyways, following week another fellow he knew flew in to hunt as he was leaving.
    That fellow walked into his gut pile and did get mauled (back in the 90's).

You will be fine but just remember you have others hunting there too and hopefully they are just as carefull with their food etc.