Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Ram Help/ Suggestions- DEATH Wobble

Re: Dodge Ram Help/ Suggestions- DEATH Wobble

Thanks, hadn't seen this. I'm going to look into their track bar. Running out of things to fix.

Not sure who makes mine, I think it's BDS as it must have came with the lift.. it's definitely not stock.

How big of a lift? 3, 4, 6?

6" lift..
    I read the info on the stock track bar, really makes a good case for that causing a big issue. Based on the replies here, the DW is definitely a common issue. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it. I'm going to get my tires balanced as well, probably not the cause but worth eliminating. They aren't the best tires, but are in good shape and E rated. No sign of weights being thrown. Kumho road venture ATs

Another thing to keep in mind that you should look at as well, is the angle relationship between the draglink and the Trackbar. They need to be as close to the same angle as possible. I’m assuming you’ve got a dropped pitman arm since it’s a 6” kit, but there may or may not be a drop Trackbar bracket. If the two are of different angles, it can also induce DW. Just something else to look at.

Yes, there is a drop bracket for the track bar. I have a BD diesel track bar coming, and might as well remove the track bar drop jacket and inspect and refasten before installing the new track bar. We put new bushings in the existing bar and it helped, but didn't solve the problem. I was wrong about the current bar, it was stock. My truck has been in a shop for so long I am forgetting what it looks like.

A friend had a similar problem with lifted Dodge. In the end the pitman arm broke. Too big of an angle with the lift. You don't want that to happen when driving!!!!

Yeah, that would suck!

Stock bar would definitely cause problems with premature wear, it'll be dragging everything towards the driver's side all the time.
    What shop is it at? A suspension specialty shop like big country customs, or baja north would be a good call.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    Stock bar would definitely cause problems with premature wear, it'll be dragging everything towards the driver's side all the time.
    What shop is it at? A suspension specialty shop like big country customs, or baja north would be a good call.
    The trackbar should have the same geometry as stock with the drop bracket. It doesn’t matter if it’s stock height or lifted, the axle will always move side to side as the suspension cycles up and down.