Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
Hi,

I am looking for suggestions from mechanics or anyone with some experience on this. I have a fair amount of mechanical experience, although I admit mostly not with Dodges or straight axle trucks. Any advice would be really appreciated, thanks in advance.

I recently bought a used 2004 RAM 3500 5.7 diesel with 90k miles, in good shape. Lifted, with 35's. The steering seemed a bit loose, and I was expecting to have to do the front end. I had never experienced the famous death wobble, but did shortly after purchasing. Scary.

Shortly after that, I put in new shocks, batteries, ball joints, ujoints, tie rod, steering box, and a few other small things and had an allignment done. Thought that would fix it. I even changed the fuel filter, did an oil change, and had the coolant flushed. Hoping to make sure she was ready for hunting season.

So no joy,, problem back again right away when you hit a bump at around 70-80 km, usually accelerating. Checked the track bar, can't see any play. I should probably rotate the tires and get them balanced again, but have not yet.

Anything I am missing? I am going to try to get it into a mechanic I trust tomorrow, and hoping he can find the issue. I forgot to mention, the local dealership did the allignment and some of the work, they said everything was good. They suggested a road test with one of their mechanics as the next step.

Thanks again.

Ps, if you hadn't had the death wobble you will know it when it happens.
had that in my 2013 3500 Ram. I believe it is the track bar or stabilizer bar. The mechanic had it out and showed me. I pulled on one end and he pulled on the other. It was semi seized but released and kind of released then stopped, released then stopped etc. Cost me $483 to replace. No issues since and have put 50k on the truck