Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sept.1st - T-minus 10days

Re: Sept.1st - T-minus 10days

Well, dang. There were some people camped at the access point to my bow set.

Still hiked in first morning from our other camp, but not as early as we would have been otherwise. Sat a few hours and something came to walk in from down wind then changed it's mind. Too crunchy to walk around and still hunt, so not having a good back-up place to sit was a mistake.

Decided to hunt around our regular spring bear spot, but only saw a couple BT fawns, swarms of aggressive yellow jackets (more so than usual even for this time of year) and scorching sun.

Oh well. I don't think I missed anything. When I thumbed through the cams, it's just a bunch of Region 2 white tail does with sets of triplets and the odd BT doe.

Did a internal/external frame and nearly complete under coat of fluidfilm and a bunch of paint touch-ups during the mid day lulls. Now we're winterized. Bring on the cold weather and rain please

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Bring on the cold weather and rain please
    Well, let’s save that for October at least!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Well, let’s save that for October at least!
    Lol fair enough. It's not always just about "me" here on the south coast where weather never really gets too serious. Mother nature let it be noted that I retract my previous request and that you only make the dew settle to make my foot steps a little more subtle