Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Region 3 wolf hunt Adams Lake access

Region 3 wolf hunt Adams Lake access

Anyone have any info on hunting wolf in and around Adams Lake. How’s the access to get up in the mountains. I’m from region 1 and possibly looking to set out on a 4 day wolf hunt in and around that area. As there is NBL and no closed season I’m assuming it’s well populated. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 3 wolf hunt Adams Lake access

Get yourself up onto Vavenby Mountain. Access from Vavenby. Take a friend along with you. Look for mule deer and you may see some wolves.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

There’s not wolves everywhere. I hunt the west side they are always on the move a pack can be there for a few days and gone the next. Around yes. Everywhere no. Will you see one in 4 days hunting I’d say most likely not. But again they move a lot. Get calling maybe locate a pack. Good luck
    member first blood lives in the area. Maybe he can give a more accurate update

have seen tracks a few years ago on adams plateau never seen any though

Good luck and good on you for trying, calling will help for sure
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

I wouldn't be going to Adams Lake for Wolves. There are very few around that area. I would be headed north Like Jagermister said Or North West into region 5.

Been hunting around barriere area for three years in spring and fall. Spend a substantial amount of time up behind barriere all the way to Adam's lake. I have managed to spit 2 wolves together but not enough time to get a shot. They are around but seldom seen

Put a call in to Brian Dack... he traps that area. He may have some insight to share and help you to avoid certain areas.
    He is likely up at Kluane Lodge getting ready for their Moose Season... contact info is on his web site.
    https://www.kluanelodge.com/contact-us.htm

Quote Originally Posted by deadlyshot22 View Post
    I wouldn't be going to Adams Lake for Wolves. There are very few around that area. I would be headed north Like Jagermister said Or North West into region 5.

I would not be headed there specifically to hunt Wolves... lots of sign, but never seen. There are a LOT of wolves in the area however seeing one in legal light and getting a shot is a pretty low odds proposal.

Now, if you are headed there to camp and fish, scout the area for Moose, deer and bear with the idea to put in a bit of effort on killing some wolves... fine. have fun. You are unlikely to see one though. I have done 4 separate week long trips in there over the last 4 years and all I have seen are tracks and scat. Brian has trapped a ton of wolves out of 3-42 but twice as many more seem to pour in to fill the void. I forget the numbers... he'd be able to tell you.

there is tons of logging at the north end of adams lake. i wouldnt waste your time with brian dack
    . good luck on your hunt
    Last edited by meat man; 08-23-2019 at 11:34 AM.