Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap decent trail cam??¿

Cheap decent trail cam??¿

I'm looking to put some cams up at a cabin I use 9 hours away from me. The owners tell me thief's are stealing everything. So I'd like to put some up there next week and leave em till I return. They may get stolen . So best cheap cam....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cheap decent trail cam??¿

Cabela's Stealth cams go on sale often and are a good starter cam. I think as time goes on, there are definitely better and more expensive ones but they are a good start to get into it. You can buy Python locks to secure them better. At the end of the day, I am sure jerks still break them or try to steal them so I haven't wanted to spend big money on them yet. There are also some good previous threads about cams on here that I thought were quite informative. Good luck with your cams that you pick. Just like everything, people have varying opinions and only believe in one brand and certain ones suck. Choose what works for you and your budget and have fun.

CT has a 2pack on sale this week
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

The Costco in Kamloops currently has a Stealthcam V30NG kit for $130. Includes batteries, SD card, phone card reader, and a tree mount.

I have used stealth cam. They get a 7/10 rating from me. So definitely usable.

I got a stealth cam from cabelas on sale for 99 and works good.
    For myself I like to go for ones around 100 dollars that way no big deal if a bear chews on one .
    ive has good success with moultrie a-20 , they were on sale from 69.99 up to 89.99.
    i have 6 of em and super reliable , good footage and battery life is really good .

i got one SPYPOINT micro and that’s working good so far . But I need at least 3 bars of service for it to work .

buy a camera that uploads the pictures to a different unit via blue tooth. You can hang that way up in a tree, they will never see it, but you won't lose the pics and might catch the theives
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I bought the Apeman Tail Cam 16MB and love it. So easy to use and has the perfect trigger timing. I got it from amazon.ca for $70.

I got an Apeman camera on sale from Amazon also. It's okay and does the trick for cheap. The trigger seems to be at least as responsive as the Stealthcam G42NG, but the picture quality is FAR, FAR worse. Night-time pictures are worlds apart, see side-by-side comparison below.

I bought a an $85 Primos camera from Costco.ca several years ago, and after three years it stopped working. I took it back to Costco for a full refund, no questions asked. I'll continue to buy my cameras from Costco for a few extra bucks

Apeman:

Stealthcam:

I ordered these 16mp from amazon for 69.99
    zopu is the brand ,they been out for 2 weeks but when testing they seemed good.!: