Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What’s everyone’s setup this year? Any new changes?

What’s everyone’s setup this year? Any new changes?

The bow hunting forum is dead lol so thought I’d make a new topic. Like the title says, what’s everyone’s set up this year? Bow, arrows, sights, stabilizers, Broadheads or mechanical? You guys getting excited for bow only season coming up in 2 weeks!?! I am!

right now I have my bear cruzer ( still first bow) set up to 65lbs draw weight. Still have original trophy ridge sight that came with bow ( next to upgrade) , whisker biscuit rest, quivalizer ( frickin awesome) and muzzy Broadhead on stalker extreme arrows.

Eventually want ant to replace bow down the road and my sight and rest but I’m very comfortable with my setup now and ready for the season. On the wish list is limbdriver pro rest and hha optimizer sight or spot Hogg sight.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What’s everyone’s setup this year? Any new changes?

Still rocking my 2013 Hoyt Charger set at 68lbs. Just have the fuse accessories on it. Thinking it's about time for a new sight. Chucking some discontinued Dead Ringer Rampage mechanicals and some Muzzy Trokar fixed blade.

Haven't killed anything with it yet.

Hoyt RX-1 just a hair under 65lbs draw. 10" beestinger stabilizer, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, Spot Hogg Hogg-it 5 pin fixed sight, QAD Ultra HDX drop away rest. G5 small game heads and Ozcut Hurricane broadheads, all 100g. Silverback release aid. First season actually going after something with it, equal parts nervous and excited.
    Last edited by Taylor329; 08-21-2019 at 08:09 PM. Reason: formatting/spelling

Rx1 Ultra, Hogg Father single pin, QAD Hoyt ultra rest, 15" stabilizer, Hoyt Carbon Solo, slick tricks on easton axis 5mm, 65#. Shooting a 100 yards as good as I can shoot it haha

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor329 View Post
    Hoyt RX-1 just a hair under 65lbs draw. 10" beestinger stabilizer, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, Spot Hogg Hogg-it 5 pin fixed sight, QAD Ultra HDX drop away rest. G5 small game heads and Ozcut
    Hurricane broadheads, all 100g. Silverback release aid. First season actually going after something with it, equal parts nervous and excited.

How is do you like the ozcut so far?

Sage Samick recurve, 55# draw, as for the other details I have no clue, all I know is I'm good out to 20 yards consistently if I practice consistently..can't wait for season..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Sage Samick recurve, 55# draw, as for the other details I have no clue, all I know is I'm good out to 20 yards consistently if I practice consistently..can't wait for season..
    Because there is very few other details with the recurve ... all the others are compounds... props to you recurve's are a whole different animal...anyone can shoot comic compound.

Shooting a Apa mamba M6 with a spot Hogg hunter has all the bells grizz trick broadheads. I currently have too many bull elk on my cameras in one general are that need
    a bit of thinning of the herd so with some luck I hope to connect they have been around since beginning of july still getting pics daily or nightly !

Been a bit distracted with tournament shooting and haven't aired my hunting bows and will likely miss a lot of bowhunting......

But when or if I do it will be a Caribow Amisk (longbow) in 49# beman bowhunters and stingers or my Caribow Tuktu (recurve, and shorter) in 50# with B.E. Vintage and stingers.

Also have a take down Dryad (longbow limbs) which might be an easier transition from my target bow.

I don't feel too prepared for bowhunting this year if I'm honest, I've usually shot my hunter for a month now at 3D's and got nicely dialled in........

PSE vendetta xl 32” 70lb
    spot hog 7deadly pins
    qad rest
    custom strings
    Custom fletch full length PSE x weave 400 with nocturnal and G5 Montecs
    its a tack driver out to 70 yards...