Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Stuck in snow storm at Redfern - Need urgent help

Re: Stuck in snow storm at Redfern - Need urgent help

i have asked for help on hbc when travelling...i had help in 20 mins...funniest part os i was near the redfern.

Thumbs up Re: Stuck in snow storm at Redfern - Need urgent help

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    and to clarify, I’m in total agreement with your post.
    Times Ten!!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I don’t think the Ministry would approve that size of blade. Have I ever used a fiskars brush axe? No. The machete I have is 20” overall, blade is 15”x3” at the widest and narrows down to just under 2” at the handle. Weighs 1 lb. 3 oz with most of the weight in the blade. Not very tiring tiring at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    D6 4 blades wide. Perfect tool.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

The lesson to learn from this is that there could have been a lot more focus on how the hunting community in BC could have helped. I'm not sure how, maybe

contact info for the GO
    Someone enroute to area who could drop off fuel
    Locals who might be able to help
    Etc

Besides the suggestion to call SAR, which is appropriate in an emergency, there was lots of uncolicitated advice and not a lot of useful help.

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Now your talkin my lingo! We have a road that goes around the mill. We call it the back forty. It has our resident population of cow elk and doe/fawn mulies. I regularily keep the road open with my 980K, so I can visit the ladies!! moosin
    Lots of frost,, -20 and not much snow is the best recipe for doing such things. Much better then the ol 21" Hachette.

This story brought back memories.. Got chased out of the Redfern area early Sept in the 80s. Early snowfall that suprised us when we got up one morning .Running two Big Reds chained up, pulling trailers and we damn near had to make camp on the way out because of fallen alders on one sidehill. The trailers carrying our camp and two moose kept trying to slide off the road--- we were down to a crawl at times. Got out to the road just at dusk..... wet cold hungry and in need of a drink. But we got our bulls, so it was all worth it!