Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuck in snow storm at Redfern - Need urgent help

Stuck in snow storm at Redfern - Need urgent help

Hello. My husband and son are stuck in a snow storm in the Redfern-Keilly provincial park. They travelled in on a side-by-side by the road out is blocked by branches pushed down by the snow. Chain saw is out of gas. Does anyone know if there is an outfitter in that area that may be able to help? Or any suggestions at all? They are cold and wet and stuck. Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stuck in snow storm at Redfern - Need urgent help

if its that urgent you should probably call some sar or something not post it on the internet...JMO sorry not trying to sound rude...How far in are they? can they walk out and go back in with more fuel later??

Thanks for responding. We're just trying to consider all the options before calling SAR. Just talked with them and they are going to try to hike out - not too far (15k) just slow in the snow. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    Thanks for responding. We're just trying to consider all the options before calling SAR. Just talked with them and they are going to try to hike out - not too far (15k) just slow in the snow. Thanks again.
    No shame in calling for help being wet and cold in a snow storm is the recipe for disaster.

Situation like that can go from good to bad real quick, SAR would rather an easy retrieve of two people than a hunt for them if they don’t show up. I second SAR sooner rather than later.

i feel like they much prefer the rescue part than the searching.

Champs, SAR is there to help.
    Call RCMP they are there to help.

please do this now.

Cold and wet turns into hypothermic really quick , maybe they can walk 13km out but not the last 2? Get someone heading their way ASAP.

a lot can happen, and no one wants it to.
    you have a line of communication right now. Your family needs to hunker down and know someone is coming. If its a storm and is that bad, they need to hunker down..

At least they are on a road and know the way out, but yea definitely get someone heading their way to get them

I agree, get help now, Better to soon than to late, Hind sight is 20/20 but I always carry an ax and bow saw as well as a chain saw. they never run out of fuel or break down at the worst time. Just a general hint for everyone.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.