Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuck in snow storm at Redfern - Need urgent help

Re: Stuck in snow storm at Redfern - Need urgent help

Elker KNOWS everything - You ALL Need to pay attention to that Genius ! RJ

No matter how prepared and knowledgeable a guy is, things can go south to the point where help is required. Always good to lend a hand and not judge, because next time it could be you.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    No matter how prepared and knowledgeable a guy is, things can go south to the point where help is required. Always good to lend a hand and not judge, because next time it could be you.
    Could not agree more. Better off to build good karma and help when you can because you never know when things could go sideways

I have had people help me out when I was in the spot and have done the same for others. If it’s over a dumb mistake I have taken some teasing well being helped but I do the same to others in those situations so it’s karma

hope this group is experiencing a better day this morning

Quote Originally Posted by elker View Post
    If the trapped duo can communicate with their family, they can communicate with the SAR. If the wife can ask help in this chat room, she can contact the SAR or rcmp as well.
    Why the didn't do it? Time was being wasted.
    were they worried about paying rescue fees?
    Their action or inaction reminds me the wife of my friend. She saw my friend lying on bed with foams coming from his mouth, she didn't call the ambulance, he called another friend to come to help. In the end, my friend died. He might have been saved had she called the ambulance the first place
    It becomes clearer every time I read your posts why other members have called you an idiot in past threads

A fellow on here helped tow our broken duck punt 12 or more years ago.

He and his son showed up for for a set of binos free to go to a new hunter. What comes around goes around.

Why is it when someone asks for advice or help on this site it turns in to an opportunity for some members to judge and criticize.I mean really !
    My grandmother used to say if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.Its not helpful .The lady is worried for her son and husband ,help her out or keep your negative comments to your self.

Quote Originally Posted by GEF View Post
    Why is it when someone asks for advice or help on this site it turns in to an opportunity for some members to judge and criticize.I mean really !
    My grandmother used to say if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.Its not helpful .The lady is worried for her son and husband ,help her out or keep your negative comments to your self.
    The advent of the internet suddenly made everyone a know it all

Hoping today they are having a better day

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    It becomes clearer every time I read your posts why other members have called you an idiot in past threads
    As long as you can read and type a few words, I am happy for you. Not every high school dropout can do what you do.
    Life is too short and time goes too fast. Hunt, hunt, and hunt....

Its mid - august and a snow storm like that even in a place like Redfern is a rare event. Not everyone will be prepared for that in august nor need be. The OP is asking for help and probably used the word 'urgent' as she is trying to get help for husband and son and is worried. I think we can already deduce its not an emergency and they just want out. They have communication to SAR and RCMP if they need.

this is when hunting community should not judge and just help. Hope someone was able to get to them and they get out.