Thread: Water foul hunting near 100 mile house?

Water foul hunting near 100 mile house?

Not looking for specific spots.

But does anyone know if there is a flyway near this area? And what time of fall the birds pass through?

Mostly all I’ve seen are resident ducks /geese is this all there is in this region?

thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Water foul hunting near 100 mile house?

seen lots of birds up there seemed like every puddle had some first week of october lots of birds around.

Nice! I will be up at Ruth lake from the 3rd to the 11th might be a good opportunity to try my duck hunting skills.

I’m sure a person could hunt the back swampy part of Ruth lake. No houses back there....

Working in 100 mile one or two days a week... maybe I'll pack the 12 and some decoys with me... if you're looking for a tag along

I lived hunted and cowboyed that country for years. We had most of our shooting on ducks jump shooting the ditches and potholes beaver dams etc. Geese same as everywhere, find them, get permission and shoot the am.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by WWBC View Post
    I’m sure a person could hunt the back swampy part of Ruth lake. No houses back there....
    I call that grizzly bay! As a kid we would head down to the far end in that bay, started up a trail when my dad noticed claw Mark's on a tree and fresh bear droppings.
    I've seen many ducks down there over the years. Our cabin is at the other end of the lake across from the Island.
    Been there since 65