Thread: Chowade/Christina falls trails

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Chowade/Christina falls trails

Hey HBCer's, anyone been up these trails recently? I am thinking of heading up there end of September for a good ole moose hunt. I have never been up there with ATV's, been in there doing forestry work many moons ago. Whats it looking like these days?

Thanks in advance HBCer's, Moosinaround
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

2. Site Sponsor

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: Chowade/Christina falls trails

No info HBCers?!! Sure could use a little intel?! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Check with the "Moose ATV club in Ft.St. John. They ride that area often. Rode ATV there 5 years ago and was no problem. By passes around the bad parts.

I have not been there for a couple years. So take this with a grain of salt. The bridge across the Chowade is washed out. Some people cross on the south side of the bridge but there is an easier place to cross if you follow the trail through the trees from the campsite on the north side of the road. The trail has definitely changed and gotten worse over the years. Trail is rougher has more holes and you have to cross the Chowade several more times than you did say 15 years ago. A couple spots were getting pretty narrow for a side x side. I have a 570 RZR that is 50in wide and it just fit. Only went in 23 kms so not sure what the back end is like. I would imagine it is worse now with all the recent snow. Make sure to have chainsaw with lots of gas there will probably be mega trees down.

The bush has grown in pretty thick up there. Not much to see from the roads and quad trails as all the old cuts have grown up. It was heavy with traffic up there last year but mostly guys cruising the roads and trails with not much luck. We did get a nice bull but we worked our asses off for it and hiked it out 3km on our backs. Timing the rut was the biggest factor as there isn't many good vantage points so all the critters we saw were called in to us. My brother and his buddies came in just as we left and they saw one moose in 10 days (putting miles on the quads)