Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Something you don't see every day

Re: Something you don't see every day

That's why headshots are for assholes. Think of the pain that animal endured for months, possibly years. I've seen deer running around with their lower jaw shot off too.

BOILER ROOM PEOPLE!

Holy crap! That's an incredible picture. I totally agree with Rieber!

Wow -never seen or heard of such a wound!
    The sense of smell must be gone as the air is now sucked in from the hole by the lungs.
    No doubt a huge disadvantage for the elk!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

we got a huge mule buck up by gang one year ( I think the shooter might even be on this site but not sure of his handle)... It had survived being shot in the chest from head on.....the previous shot had entered the chest cavity from the front just right of his neck missing all vital blood vessels, traveled along the ribcage between the ribs and lungs and then exited just after the last rib missing all vital organs...he was still chasing does when buddy shot him..he had a 1-2inch wound channel of infection where the bullet had traveled through

Amazing pic. Thanks for sharing

That's crazy, cool picture though.
    A good reminder for better shot selection

Wow! Crazy to see something like that. Interested in what the thought process was behind that shot.. Thanks for sharing

I’ve thought about this before posting.
    In this new age of attacks on hunting from every angle that picture.....even though “interesting to many” is nothing more than fuel for the anti hunting entity.
    With the drama that’s been created by hunters posing with dead lions, giraffes...etc, I can hear the howls of the huggers when they look at that elk with a hole in its face.
    What’s next....pictures of gunshot deer.....dragging their entrails.
    We need to clean up our image and educate the public as to what’s right about hunting.....not show what goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    That's why headshots are for assholes. Think of the pain that animal endured for months, possibly years. I've seen deer running around with their lower jaw shot off too.

BOILER ROOM PEOPLE!
    I agree with you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    I’ve thought about this before posting.
    In this new age of attacks on hunting from every angle that picture.....even though “interesting to many” is nothing more than fuel for the anti hunting entity.
    With the drama that’s been created by hunters posing with dead lions, giraffes...etc, I can hear the howls of the huggers when they look at that elk with a hole in its face.
    What’s next....pictures of gunshot deer.....dragging their entrails.
    We need to clean up our image and educate the public as to what’s right about hunting.....not show what goes wrong.
    agreed, but there are a lot of hunters who defend head shots as ethical, "just because you can't make that shot...blah blah"

so perhaps that picture will help educate some hunters too
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster