Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Something you don't see every day

Re: Something you don't see every day

Is there a LEH for cow elk in that region ? or is that the result of a missed headlight shot from a ............. or .. ?
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I think we are looking at the exit hole if I see it correctly...to me it looks like significant amount of sinus still intact....not much more "discomfort" than a nose piercing perhaps but it sure looks brutal

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    I’ve thought about this before posting.
    In this new age of attacks on hunting from every angle that picture.....even though “interesting to many” is nothing more than fuel for the anti hunting entity.
    With the drama that’s been created by hunters posing with dead lions, giraffes...etc, I can hear the howls of the huggers when they look at that elk with a hole in its face.
    What’s next....pictures of gunshot deer.....dragging their entrails.
    We need to clean up our image and educate the public as to what’s right about hunting.....not show what goes wrong.
    I could have posted it on many other sites but I chose only this one. If this makes one person rethink ones hunting strategy or shot placement then I think it is a worth while post.

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    I could have posted it on many other sites but I chose only this one. If this makes one person rethink ones hunting strategy or shot placement then I think it is a worth while post.
    without an outdoorsman pointing it out as a bullet wound, many would just think it was the elks eye....or perhaps damage from an elk antler tyne

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    My two cents is that your post is fair and thought provoking. I'm not going to criticize the shooter because I have no idea of the circumstances under which the shot was taken. Shots get missed sometimes. Bet that elk is glad that one did.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

That is why Headshots are an absolute NO NO for any Ethical Hunter.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    That is why Headshots are an absolute NO NO for any Ethical Hunter.

Cheers
    x2 ... big NO NO in my book, as well.

You are assuming that it was an intentional head shot on that animal.. maybe it was collateral damage from someone shooting, not very accurately, at a different animal.. lets not jump to conclusions people..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Ps.. i love head shots when its close range with a good rest
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Good post BValley, image is becoming everything. It only takes a minor flinch by the shooter or the animal while the trigger is being squeezed for things to go south in a hurry. We once shot an emaciated old Buck with it's bottom jaw blown apart. Slow death by starvation is not pretty. I agree with the statement Boiler Room People much less chance of a terrible OOOPS
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.