Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Something you don't see every day

Re: Something you don't see every day

Most guys on here are as ethical as it gets. Nobody wants an animal to suffer at all. The idea is to put food on the family table. Post a few pics of feed lots as there is a lot more suffering going on there than in the woods. My wife is a big proponent of bow hunting, and asks me why I don’t do it. “Because I’m more adept with a rifle, and that makes it better for the animal” is what I tell her. No matter what your tool, go for the cleanest shot possible...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Is their a cow season in the area where the picture was taken
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Is their a cow season in the area where the picture was taken
    No there is not.

I shot a bear in the head by accident once. Same reason it happened is the same reason I wouldn't do it intentionally. Animals move their heads around a lot and it happens quickly. I had a perfect broadside double lung lined up. As I squeezed the trigger, he swung his head around my direction. Luckily through the eye and out the back of the skull vs something non fatal like jaw or snout.

I did intentionally take a neck shot once, but only because it bed down and after a half hour of laying prone waiting with it in my cross hairs I was 100% confident and there was zero risk of it moving around. Or maybe I'm not a saint after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    No there is not.
    So poacher or FN is most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Most guys on here are as ethical as it gets. Nobody wants an animal to suffer at all. The idea is to put food on the family table. Post a few pics of feed lots as there is a lot more suffering going on there than in the woods. My wife is a big proponent of bow hunting, and asks me why I don’t do it. “Because I’m more adept with a rifle, and that makes it better for the animal” is what I tell her. No matter what your tool, go for the cleanest shot possible...
    Any hunting scenario gone sideways is a mess. Lets face it, killing an animal is nasty business no matter how you cut the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    Any hunting scenario gone sideways is a mess. Lets face it, killing an animal is nasty business no matter how you cut the cheese.
    most definitely but there is no sense playing "Russian Roulette" wit 5 loaded chambers. Why take the chance.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    So poacher or FN is most likely
    Or incidental damage by a stray bullet when a hunter is taking a legal shot at the bull of his dreams
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Or incidental damage by a stray bullet when a hunter is taking a legal shot at the bull of his dreams
    True could have been someone not paying attention to what is behind their target.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Is there a LEH for cow elk in that region ? or is that the result of a missed headlight shot from a ............. or .. ?
    Think we both know the answer to that one...
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."