Thread: Looking for a hunting buddy

Looking for a hunting buddy

Hello people! I'm a first time bow hunter looking for some land to hunt in BC, preferably close to Vancouver.
    I'm very aware that hunting land is very precious, but since it's my first time I have literally no clue on where to hunt, got in touch with a hunter, but he goes to a buddies place and stay at a cabin. And I was hoping to really go back country, camp and do a lot of walking.
    So if you could share something I would truly appreciate! I could even share if I hunt something.
    Thank you for reading and you can PM if you would like to.
    Ivan

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for a hunting buddy

Maybe is you told us your age, hunting gear you have, any vehicle etc. May help. Also when can you get out weekend, long weekends only or other. You physical shape, what do you want to hunt and have you any current hunting experience etc. All this info and more may help someone think about replying.

Sorry about that, I'm 28 years old. I have a carbon icon 65pounds and I only have a car. I can go hunting any weekend and if there is a long weekend because of a holiday I can as well. I'm in very good shape and basically I want to hunt big game like elk, white tail, mule deer and bear. I have no hunting experience thats why I was looking for a mentor of a sort.

Incase you arent aware you need a LEH for Elk. My advice is to join a gun club talk with the archery people for insight to the sport of hunting with a bow.
    I dont live in Vancouver but I know from experience the best thing to do is use a Ihunter app or google maps figure out the area and access you can use to get to the hunting area and put your boots on the ground. Your best option my guess is heading towards Chilliwack.

Probably somewhere around there you can hunt. What gear do you have? Tent, camp stove backpack knifes compass ect.?

You don't need an leh for elk everywhere, only in certain places.