Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best place in LML for ATV tires? Good all-round tire?

Re: Best place in LML for ATV tires? Good all-round tire?

Buddy just bought new tires for his grizzly. $250 cheaper online, then buy a set of spoons and do em yourself. If you run low pressures, use a bead of roof repair compound around the mounting surface before you set the beads. Prevents burping air and loosing the beads at lower tire pressures
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I put on a set of Traxion Grippers last year from atvtirescanada.com and have been very happy with them. They are *very* similar to the bighorns, and available in a 6-ply bias or 8-ply radial construction. I went with the 6 ply bias. I don't have a tonne of kilometers on them yet, but they're still in mint shape and were much less expensive than the Maxxis tires. There's also a hybrid mud/trail type called the Nitro.

www.atvtirescanada.com

Huge selection, free shipping to your door, in Canadian $$ . . .

Just got mine from https://westcoastatvtires.com/ Roger 604.813.3463 great guy to deal with lots of selection, his pricing and service was awesome.

Go here http://www.motovan.com/dealer-locator/

Any dealer across Canada can "drop ship" product for an extra $16 or so. They carry STI, Kenda, Maxxis, ITP, GBC, Interco, CST, VeeRubber and a few others I think. I always liked STI Tires and Rims, but Maxxis Carnivores are the tits for all round performance. They are Maxxis, so they are a little pricier but worth it.

I don't know where to buy the tires, but Maxxis Bighorns are probably the best trail riding tire out there. Aggressive enough to go through some serious mud, but hard enough to last on hard rocky terrain. Also very good in the snow.

I have a set on my side by side, and I have put probably 20,000-25,000km on them and they are still fine. Its been 10 years now with some hard riding and Ive only replaced one due to driver error (girls rocked a rim and didn't know, so drove on it flat and ruined it)

Bighorn 2.0 are the same tire less ply (8 instead of 10 I think) but if its me, I am getting the regular as I want the strength over weight savings.
    Last edited by Darksith; 08-13-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    I don't know where to buy the tires, but Maxxis Bighorns are probably the best trail riding tire out there. Aggressive enough to go through some serious mud, but hard enough to last on hard rocky terrain. Also very good in the snow.

I have a set on my side by side, and I have put probably 20,000-25,000km on them and they are still fine. Its been 10 years now with some hard riding and Ive only replaced one due to driver error (girls rocked a rim and didn't know, so drove on it flat and ruined it)

Bighorn 2.0 are the same tire less ply (8 instead of 10 I think) but if its me, I am getting the regular as I want the strength over weight savings.
    Bighorns and bighorn 2.0 are both 6 ply

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    www.atvtirescanada.com

Huge selection, free shipping to your door, in Canadian $$ . . .
    I second that. I haven't found them cheaper elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    I put on a set of Traxion Grippers last year from atvtirescanada.com and have been very happy with them. They are *very* similar to the bighorns, and available in a 6-ply bias or 8-ply radial construction. I went with the 6 ply bias. I don't have a tonne of kilometers on them yet, but they're still in mint shape and were much less expensive than the Maxxis tires. There's also a hybrid mud/trail type called the Nitro.
    I've run the radials for a few years on my can am defender sxs and they have been great for all conditions. Tread still looks almost like new.

Check Chapmoto.com in the US for really low prices....also called Chaparral. They have some
    good videos on testing ATV tires for mud traction, stopping, hill climbing, pulling a load, etc.