Thread: Ignorant people

Ignorant people

I was riding the KVR to the little tunnel when a family of bears appeared on the bank. The sow crossed over and the three cubs remained. A lady stopped her bike right between the sow and cubs to take pictures. I was calling out to her to get out of there but to no avail. Luckily for her the cubs crossed over to mom and they started up the hill. Had one of the cubs let out a bawl this could have turned into a situation. Has common sense totally went south for some people? Had the sow become aggressive and the incident reported a CO might come to investigate and the sow might have been considered a threat when it boiled down to a person with a severe lack of reason.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ignorant people

Calling out to her was a mistake as well. Your stressed out voice intensified the atmosphere, which the bears pick up on keenly. Instead, next time, remain calm and quiet. Go over to the microwave very quietly and put in some popcorn. Then just watch for a bit...

Yeah, my wife narrowly avoided an accident on the Duffy when she came around a blind corner to find a car stopped in the middle of the road with the occupants out trying to resuscitate a dead bear on the side of the road that had been hit by a previous car.

If you assume common sense is not common you'll rarely be disappointed.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

This thread is about to go virus, as there is no chance that morons are going to be put on the endangered species list any time soon!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Yeah, my wife narrowly avoided an accident on the Duffy when she came around a blind corner to find a car stopped in the middle of the road with the occupants out trying to resuscitate a dead bear on the side of the road that had been hit by a previous car.

If you assume common sense is not common you'll rarely be disappointed.
    One of my Marine Safety teachers years back (John Pedrial) said during our survival training....very few people have common sense and even less in a stressful situation !
    He wasn't wrong !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Come on man, how are you supposed to get all those Instagram “likes” to make you’re friends jealous unless you put your life out there and impede on Mother Nature?
    #yolo
    #f*ckthatsow
    #imtheonlyonethatmatters
    #bearsareformyentertainment
    #worthit
    Last edited by PressurePoint; 08-12-2019 at 08:41 AM.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

Once again " The Gem pool has no life guard " you cant fix stupid .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......