Thread: Saddle Hunting and Tree Climbing Regs - Public/Crown Lands

Saddle Hunting and Tree Climbing Regs - Public/Crown Lands

Hello, it's me -- I introduced myself here as a newer hunter and posted about my first solo harvest here. I'm hoping someone can tell me about whether BC has regs on allowed tree climbing methods or saddle hunting on public land.

I'm interested in this but I want to make sure I invest in a system that: (1) doesn't cause serious damage to any trees I climb; (2) is legal and aligned with all BC regs. I already have a few options lined up from the US saddle hunter forums but I want to make sure they are okay to use in BC.

I already searched in the 2020 BC hunting regs but couldn't find anything. Can someone with some experience help me with this?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Saddle Hunting and Tree Climbing Regs - Public/Crown Lands

No restrictions on tree saddles or climbing stands

Re: Saddle Hunting and Tree Climbing Regs - Public/Crown Lands

tons of strap on climbing sticks, steps, stands & ladders now available which won't damage the tree. saddlehunter forum which you mentioned is pretty much the top resource on the subject. saddles are very efficient & we use them in early season but switch to hang on stands when it gets really cold. both great ways to hunt if you're patient!