Thread: BHA river clean up....Good time Good Job!

BHA river clean up....Good time Good Job!

Today I ran into the BHA (back country hunters and anglers) river clean up on the Vedder river in Chilliwack.

I didn’t know they were in BC. Probably 100 folks came and participated. Had a BBQ and raffle to raise money for conservation, access and hunters rights/ education.

I had heard of BHA from listening to the meat eater podcast. Sounds like just the thing we need here in BC. A voice for hunters issues. As far as I can tell BCWF has been co-opted by the rain coast antis. They throw hunters a bone an keep up membership with their quad insurance deal. I’m not anti BCWF, any traction we can get to improve wildlife. Numbers and habitat is good, but I don’t see them pushing Victoria for access or improvements for hunters.

All in all it was a great event. I signed up as a member and won a hat and a trip in the raffle.

Ive heard there was friction at some point in this forum with members here concerned that BHA was not specifically into quad hunting while some HBCers were.

Seems like splitting hairs to me. I’d like to see all the pro hunting/ conservation groups work together.

BHA
    BC wild sheep society
    goabc
    RMEF
    the goat people ( I forget their name)
    record book BC
    one campfire
    and of course us here on HBC

of course we all have different specific focuses, but the general idea is more ANIMALS, more EDUCATION and more ACCESS
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BHA river clean up....Good time Good Job!

Lots of people for and against BHA BC on this forum.

I was on the Board of Directors for the Alberta Chapter before moving back to BC. I keep forgetting to... But I will be buying a membership for the BC Chapter. Great organization doing lots of good for hunting!

Ok... so what is the problem with BHA...it seems nobody else is lobbying for hunters, hunting land and access.
    I have to imagine access is a huge issue here in bc, seeing as our access shrinks by hundreds of square kilometres every year.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Good stuff! There’s going to be a cleanup of Little Mountain in Errington this coming Saturday, I’m on the region 1 table and if anyone wants more details of the cleanup shoot me a PM!