Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing on sheep hunt.

Re: Fishing on sheep hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    On a Sheep hunt, if one wishes to be successful one needs to be Focused. You hunt like a Wolf, no Scylining never in the open, never without cover.
    How many Sheep have you or if you are a professional Guide harvested if your where concerned with Fishing ?
    Cheers
    Lets turn that around. How many hunts have you been on where you didn't have any time that a distraction like fishing fit in?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Lets turn that around. How many hunts have you been on where you didn't have any time that a distraction like fishing fit in?
    Most of them , as pre no lake or river-creek to fish in . Hard enuff just to find water to drink !
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

black gnat with an adjusta bubble float

I have been hunting sheep for 6 years. Not that it matters but I Have a stone and a goat we have only been skunked twice, but that’s hunting. This is a year where we are going for twice as long and just happen to have a lake with fish in it. Why do guys get butt hurt when someone else enjoys the outdoors differently? Thanks for the info guys as for the negative downers, please try to remember it’s an outdoor experience not a competition. I always enjoy my time however I spend it.

Even if you only fish while waiting on the plane, worth taking a rod. Lots of different spoons work.

Dam I've been on several sheep hunts and short of sheep ribs a fish is dam near to die for after eating mountain house for ten days or as I call it "dried noodles with chunky stuff"
    take a few spoons for sure and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by silvertipp View Post
    Dam I've been on several sheep hunts and short of sheep ribs a fish is dam near to die for after eating mountain house for ten days or as I call it "dried noodles with chunky stuff"
    take a few spoons for sure and enjoy
    I can barely down that stuff after the 2nd day.
    So yes, I hear you^^^^^
    To the OP, enjoy your trip and do it however you choose....good luck.

I'm thinking about taking the belly boat and fly road and hit a few lakes around Golden as I think I might have more fun with that then looking for elk around there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Grayling are the most aggressive fish I've fished for. I haven't found anything they don't hit but I was using a green wooly bugger last time I was up north and I was doing pretty well. I'm not an expert fisherman by any stretch but I did find that they seemed to be territorial-- they would hit whatever I threw in on the first of second cast but after I released them I'd have to walk a few paces down the river to get the next fish to think I was invading its territory.
    Yes, pretty much this. I have found few flies they won't take, sure certain ones may better than others, but grayling are voracious and are not picky. I have caught a handful while swinging 4" streamers for bull trout.

I have a small ultra lite fishing kit with two rods two spinning reels and a small kit with spinners, flys ,split shot ect. If we go into a lake it’s in the plane. Sheep tenderloin and rainbow Has made some great memories around the fire ....
    No animals were hurt in the making of this video...just cooked up good and tasty !

I leave in a week for a sheep hunt and my telescopic rod and reel are already packed! Just have a small spoon and a mepps for a lure. Hoping to break up the mtn house meals a bit or if lucky do some suft and turf!