Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing on sheep hunt.

Fishing on sheep hunt.

What lures do guys use on the lakes up north?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing on sheep hunt.

for grayling i used meps.

Silver panther martens with the single fly hook, cast masters/small crocs if there isn’t much drop off and you need to get it out there a ways.

Same flies you'd use to catch whitefish will work for grayling fine. Czech nymphing works really well.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    Same flies you'd use to catch whitefish will work for grayling fine. Czech nymphing works really well.
    On a Sheep hunt, if one wishes to be successful one needs to be Focused. You hunt like a Wolf, no Scylining never in the open, never without cover.

How many Sheep have you or if you are a professional Guide harvested if your where concerned with Fishing ?

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    On a Sheep hunt, if one wishes to be successful one needs to be Focused. You hunt like a Wolf, no Scylining never in the open, never without cover.

How many Sheep have you or if you are a professional Guide harvested if your where concerned with Fishing ?

Cheers
    This guy doesn't like the idea of having fun while hunting..

I've had good luck with Blue Fox for both rainbow and lake trout.

Grayling are the most aggressive fish I've fished for. I haven't found anything they don't hit but I was using a green wooly bugger last time I was up north and I was doing pretty well. I'm not an expert fisherman by any stretch but I did find that they seemed to be territorial-- they would hit whatever I threw in on the first of second cast but after I released them I'd have to walk a few paces down the river to get the next fish to think I was invading its territory.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Some days you are weathered out and it is kinda nice to fish. No northern fish that I have met is overly picky. Some fresh fish and bannock and beans at the lake is a nice change from freeze dried.

Had a great time once doing that on a re-stock night at the lake before heading off in a different direction for another week. The swim and change of underwear was good too. As was the case of beer!

Dude, it is a vacation do whatever floats your boat and makes you happy.

Cheers

Havent sheep hunted, but have fished on some pretty remote backpack goat hunts. A fresh fish is a treat when you been living on dehydrated meals, not to mention the fun of fishing in areas where few do. And if you get an animal, nothing better then a mountain surf and turf dinner over a fire in the backcountry miles from any roads!!!
    Last edited by Ron.C; 08-11-2019 at 06:40 PM.