Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: School me on salmon

Re: School me on salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post

Definitely going to try that recipe.
    Question, putting the meat side down on the grill, do you not have issues getting it off, even with the oil???

Reason I do the tin foil and skin side down is because once cooked, I just take the big Spatula, and can take the meat off easily while
    the skin stays burnt to the tin foil.
    Works great, no skin for anyone to deal with.
    I also oil the fish and grill, bbq it like it was a steak. Never had an issue getting it off

Quote Originally Posted by happyhunter View Post
    I also oil the fish and grill, bbq it like it was a steak. Never had an issue getting it off
    Okay, while give it a try next time for sure.

There is no question, Sockeye is a "dry salmon" compared to others like Chinook.
    I like sockeye that is done in that fancy brine or whatever and cut into thin slices.
    But it at Costco or wherever.

My friend did have a fellow who "made it on the side" for years.
    But, now we cant find anybody who does it.
    Mind you, might be another 3 seasons before I need to worry about it anyways???????
    Or, it might be just catch and release....who the F knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Couldn't agree more, on another note your buddy the little fella Serengeti likes to tell everyone that will listen how good a fisher he is and hero shots are the way to go
    Guys a clown lol
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

There is no question, Sockeye is a "dry salmon" compared to others like Chinook.
    I like sockeye that is done in that fancy brine or whatever and cut into thin slices.
    But it at Costco or wherever.

My friend did have a fellow who "made it on the side" for years.
    But, now we cant find anybody who does it.
    Mind you, might be another 3 seasons before I need to worry about it anyways???????
    Or, it might be just catch and release....who the F knows?
    Coho makes great candy and jerky, I actually prefer it to sockeye for that purpose and on the grill. The 6-8#ers are perfect thickness, and they are the easiest to catch. I did the stamp river sockeye fishery for a few years, was kinda fun but those sockeye are pretty low grade imo. Skeena socks are much tastier...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Couldn't agree more, on another note your buddy the little fella Serengeti likes to tell everyone that will listen how good a fisher he is and hero shots are the way to go

Someone jealous of docks of full fish day in and day out and a 62lber released this year?

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Definitely going to try that recipe.
    Question, putting the meat side down on the grill, do you not have issues getting it off, even with the oil???

Reason I do the tin foil and skin side down is because once cooked, I just take the big Spatula, and can take the meat off easily while
    the skin stays burnt to the tin foil.
    Works great, no skin for anyone to deal with.

No i dont have trouble. The key is a non rusty totally clean grill, high heat an oil. As well the fish has to sit for a bit to crust up... you will most likely screw the first one up, but its worth the learning curve