Re: School me on salmon

Favourite salmon recipe for me is

salmon fillet family size meal
    1 tblsp pure sesame oil
    2-3 tblsp petaks mango chutney
    cover with a light dusting of cumin
    BBQ or bake in the oven till its done to your liking

what was that latin saying you posted that I had to google to find out what the fack it meant! lol......
    I don't doubt you..... nore do I know how well you cook! For me, and I know I cook a buttload of fish,, of them all I find Sockeye dry. When you bbq a Winter and see the fat bubbling between the skin and meat .... that's what I like.

When I commercial fished for sockeye we lived on it... every year from when I was 12 to 18 for the sockeye fishery we ate sockeye in every way imaginable. I know everyone loves it, and they have the right to... but most love it because it is the least "Fish" tasting fish...

835's go to Chinook recipe.

green onion, garlic, fennel, salt, pepper, olive oil white wine vinegar.... in a bowl
    Dry off the fish with paper towels.. make sure it is DRY!!
    fire up BBQ.... get to hot... full boar.
    oil the fish .. not with mix, with straight oil.
    oil the grill ... Seconds before placing down the salmon....
    place salmon meat side down and close lid........ 3-5 mins ish depending on thickness... no real idea I go off what it looks like....
    with care take fish off the bottom grill and place on that top one all bbq's have, skin side down.... pile on the mix....... Cook till done.

I never ever put any sort of plate or board or anything under the fish... I keep a very clean grill, I use it all year. when you learn to use a lot of oil on the grill and fish as well as when to do the flip... you will never go back....

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    what was that latin saying you posted that I had to google to find out what the fack it meant! lol......
    I don't doubt you..... nore do I know how well you cook! For me, and I know I cook a buttload of fish,, of them all I find Sockeye dry. When you bbq a Winter and see the fat bubbling between the skin and meat .... that's what I like.

When I commercial fished for sockeye we lived on it... every year from when I was 12 to 18 for the sockeye fishery we ate sockeye in every way imaginable. I know everyone loves it, and they have the right to... but most love it because it is the least "Fish" tasting fish...

835's go to Chinook recipe.

green onion, garlic, fennel, salt, pepper, olive oil white wine vinegar.... in a bowl
    Dry off the fish with paper towels.. make sure it is DRY!!
    fire up BBQ.... get to hot... full boar.
    oil the fish .. not with mix, with straight oil.
    oil the grill ... Seconds before placing down the salmon....
    place salmon meat side down and close lid........ 3-5 mins ish depending on thickness... no real idea I go off what it looks like....
    with care take fish off the bottom grill and place on that top one all bbq's have, skin side down.... pile on the mix....... Cook till done.

I never ever put any sort of plate or board or anything under the fish... I keep a very clean grill, I use it all year. when you learn to use a lot of oil on the grill and fish as well as when to do the flip... you will never go back....

My uncle Jimmy-Joe died, I can't remember

"Tastes should not be argued"

I think the problem with fish is that people who eat chicken/pork/beef regularly and fish only occasionally, always overcook it.
    I remember choking on salmon when my sister-inlaw cooked it for the first time.
    I wasn't a big fan.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

They do always over cook it.... Fish is always better under done than over done. AND it is a trick to hit it bang on.

We can pinks, both smoked and in smoked... pinks die in our boat for sammiches and "Tuna melts" we also give cans away for Christmas. and stuff.

I’m no biologist but I believe Chinook has a higher fat content than the rest. Sockeye to me is the least fatty. Chinook bellies are the best imo. And yes I have a fairly good idea on how to prepare salmon without drying it out. Been on a spring lox kick lately, that’s the best way to get the best flavour out a salmon imo.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Here’s my favourite Chinook bbq recipe. Salt and pepper.
    Putting a pile of bbq sauce or why is just ruining the true flavour imo.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Definitely going to try that recipe.
    Question, putting the meat side down on the grill, do you not have issues getting it off, even with the oil???

Reason I do the tin foil and skin side down is because once cooked, I just take the big Spatula, and can take the meat off easily while
    the skin stays burnt to the tin foil.
    Works great, no skin for anyone to deal with.

Where is New Hunterette? (spelling) these days.
    I think she is the one who is on "Nice Fish" show and does the cooking segment.
    Maybe she has some decent recipes???
    Who doesn't like to eat???!!!
    Last edited by Bugle M In; 08-31-2019 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling

https://www.seafoodhealthfacts.org/s...d-items/salmon

There it is, Chinook is King of fat

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    https://www.seafoodhealthfacts.org/s...d-items/salmon

There it is, Chinook is King of fat
    Couldn't agree more, on another note your buddy the little fella Serengeti likes to tell everyone that will listen how good a fisher he is and hero shots are the way to go
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit