Thread: hound is in heat again

hound is in heat again

I just noticed tonight the first spot of blood from my big game treeing walker
    unfortunatly i guess i can kiss good by the next three weeks with the dogs hunting ( I run the hounds as a pair)and i guess i have to keep a close eye on her now, I was thinking of breeding her but was hoping she would come into heat later on (i think her cycle seems to have timed with a neighbours bitch? and that is why it is early) . I know of few dogs that i might consider breeding her to if i choose to.

I had planned to breed her this year but I was kinda expecting this after cat season (during spring bear and was gonna run her while preggers), oh well i guess i have a few decisions to make
    any interest in ukc hounds or hound/ curs or grade dogs??? seems like no matter when you want to breed a dog it seems to screw up a season

I think i few of you folks know or have seen her ,the open spotted about 24+ inches at the withers and about 69 pounds(Winnie)

yearling picture from last spring below
    Last edited by Barracuda; 02-14-2005 at 02:10 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: hound is in heat again

She's a fine looking dog Cuda, best of luck with the breeding thing.

Re: hound is in heat again

Barracuda, nice looking hound, hope it works out well for you. 2 young dogs is enough for me at the moment. My female is 8 months. Won't be long before it is her turn.

There is a message for yo at Shadetree from Kirk? in Ontario. Something to do about 50?
    It is in the introduction thread of another BC hunter you posted in.

If you saw it already just ignore me.

=keith=