Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One time use food bag/pouch?

Re: One time use food bag/pouch?

Have used freezer bags with no troubles
    For those or MH meals we made up holders out of that foil bubble wrap used for duct insulation , easy to set aside while glassing and keeps things hot.........or cold

first saw the idea where a guide had tupperware type boxes and drink bottles wrapping in it, these stacked together in a neat kit to save space
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Zip Zag. Google it.

Way thicker than zip locks.

thanks for all the advice guys!

One of my favorite meals at the end of the day a big serving of mac and cheese with some pepperoni or salami cut up into it .... and i just hate doing dishes, even if i have my quad nearby and can carry more gear.

While mountain house doesn't give me stomach problems that stuff is just loaded in sodium and the taste is off putting half-way through. I basically have one, then i'm sick of it for a while after.

I buy the tins as well and use zip locs. I always bring one MH bag for my first night's dinner and then put the zip locs inside it for extra stability when pouring boiling water and eating out of.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Was just thinking about this the other day... I'd like to try mylar bags in the foodsaver, using scrap pieces of the dimpled side of regular vac bags to enable the machine to draw the air out:
    http://adviceandbeans.com/2011/04/fo...nd-mylar-bags/

Might be completely unnecessary, I think that the regular bags are probably safe to hold boiling water, as people regularly use them for sous vide.