Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redfern trail conditions? Anybody been on it recently?

Re: Redfern trail conditions? Anybody been on it recently?

Its a mud bog right now with all the rain. The road to the trail is a challenge itself. Things will be starting to dry up by the looks of the forecast though.

Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    Cool jello 74. Just me and boy... Heading in Friday. Safe travels! See you there.

Stone killer...I was on it last August. Very dry. Watching the weather it seems wetter this year then it was last year. Interested to see how great the impact on trail mud holes.

Cool. Nice to get lucky and get in there when its dry. No such luck for me. Quad trailer breaks every time in there. Last year my quad axle went too. Always an adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Its a mud bog right now with all the rain. The road to the trail is a challenge itself. Things will be starting to dry up by the looks of the forecast though.
    Thanks for the update. We are planning on unloading the pickups pretty early as the roads can sure can get slimy.
    "It's not a sport, it's a way of life. Enjoy every moment and every moment is a reward. Taking an animal is the objective but pleasure is found in the entire experience." - J_T

Anyone know if the road got deactivated this winter as proposed?

Spent some time this winter thinking about how nice it would be to work on the first 5 miles of mud pits with a little excavator and dozer.

There was that one culvert just after the "official start of the trail" that was getting pretty washed out.

Thanks
    "It's not a sport, it's a way of life. Enjoy every moment and every moment is a reward. Taking an animal is the objective but pleasure is found in the entire experience." - J_T

Haven’t heard, but I’ll ask around and see what the word is.

Deactivated in what way? For vehicles or quads/sxs? I read this somewhere last year and forgot about it until now. I hope it means just a longer quad ride in

Oil company that holds tenure on the road was talking about deactivating the road to pickups right to the highway.