Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Binos - Diamondback or Crossfire

Re: Vortex Binos - Diamondback or Crossfire

Bass pro have a big optic sale right now. My son just went to by a pair he like the crossfire but the staff recommended the Nikon they are a camera company and have there own factory. Others don’t and they are on sale for 149.00 40 bucks off

Go to Bass Pro or Cabela try few pairs in your price range and go by what feels right....i got my Dimondbacks on ebay was cheaper than buying in store...
    Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

I have a 10X42 Diamondback and love them. had them for 6 years and no issues - through rain snow sleet and mud.

I had the old style 10x42 diamondbacks aswell for 4 years and loved them. Just sold them to a buddy and bought the 12x50's

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    This is such crap. People love to bash inexpensive things and then then it gets regurgitated for years.

There are stories of every top brand needing warranty work on this forum, not to mention other forums on the net. Zeiss, Swarovski, leica .... it's all been discussed here as needing warranty work at some time or another. Nothing is bulletproof.

Of course, the more you spend the better the product should be, and it generally is. But that doesnt mean one cant buy a set of $250 binoculars and be happy for years.

The reality is that $250 vortex diamondback nowdays are probably better than 30 year zeiss. Probably more waterproof, lighter .... and definitely covered under an awesome warranty.

And you got a draw a line somewhere. If his budget is $300 then his budget is $300.

No one NEEDS expensive binos to get the job done. They are just nice to have.
    Easy there... Just providing info. No bashing going on...
    I don't mind inexpensive optics. I own a few vortex items myself.

Read my Post #8 for the inexpensive options I mentioned.

Good thing about 2019 is that there are plenty of inexpensive options out there.

It's not hard to buy decent optic for around 300

my diamondback binos were not good to me, failed twice due to different issues and both times vortex sent me a brand new pair...I sold them the second time

In the price point the OP is seemingly looking at I think the bushnell legends are a good value, same glass as the elites but in a different body
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by local.604 View Post
    They are one of the top brands, what is it you dont loke about them? What is your brand of choice and what makes them better?
    vortex is just a marketing company they do not have their own factories where they make and assemble optics. Shop sell them because of the huge profit margin. They have so many warranty claims and they still make money because they can afford to replace three or four units in 10 years per person and still have a profit.Lots of people like them but most people I know have had to send in for warranty including myself a couple time

I did some intense research on this subject , and at that price range Porro Prisms beats Roof Prisms . Porro Prisms because how there made will be twice the binocular at that price. I would get the Leopold Yosemite, here is comparison between Vortex crossfire, Vipers and Yosemite.

https://ronspomeroutdoors.com/blog/porro-prism-binocular-best-buy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRoPgUBjgzI&t=636s
    "A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be"

Fred Bear

I'm on year 6 on my Vortex Vipers and just had my first warranty return, I dropped them at the range and broke the little loop that the strap attaches to. Sent them back and they fixed the loop, re-purged and cleaned them up like new and I had them at my door 11 days from the day I mailed them! K

get the 10x42 diamondbacks you wont be disappointed