Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vortex Binos - Diamondback or Crossfire

Re: Vortex Binos - Diamondback or Crossfire

I have Leupold Bx2 acadias, not super impressed with them. The eye relief is weird when the eye cups are twisted up. I can’t seem to get the black border to disappear enough to effectively see out of them so I leave the cups twisted down. This of course makes my eyes hurt if I glass for more then a couple minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bchunter181 View Post
    get the 10x42 diamondbacks you wont be disappointed
    I had been planning to get the 10x50, aside from price what are your pros/cons of getting a lower power?

Quote Originally Posted by local.604 View Post
    I had been planning to get the 10x50, aside from price what are your pros/cons of getting a lower power?
    They aren't a lower power, they're a smaller objective.

My dad has a set of 10x42 diamondbacks I got him for his birthday, they're okay for the price.

Personally I'd say the jump from $300 binos to $6-800 binos is huge, look in the used section. Vipers are a good buy in my opinion, had a set before upgrading to Geovids.

The new leupolds are supposed to be great bang for buck as well.

Depending what kind of hunting you're doing and how much time you spend glassing, binos could be your most important piece of glass. I can spend days behind my glass and not feel any strain or get a headache, definitely didn't have that ability with my Vortexs... learnt that the hard way.

With that being said, you can always upgrade. Glass is one thing that I've never really lost money on when upgrading, maybe $100-200.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Cool Re: Vortex Binos - Diamondback or Crossfire

The better one's eyesight is, absence of corrective solutions (specs/contacts) and such, the better the view. This leads to the glass being of lesser import. Personal ability can make a much grander difference than what that Hunters paid for their glass. I get a grand view with Diamondback, seemed just about the same as a friends much higher end binos. If on a budget, these Diamonds are tops! If a billionaire use the Hubble, it's whatever.

I would look at nikon my son has vortex and the little things like the adjustment knob for focus falling off is a piss off

When I'm buying glass, be it scopes or binos, I like to go to the big stores and pick up and look through all of the binos. Yes I go in with an idea of what I might like, but i've had last minutes changes based on what I saw. I own leupold, vortex, bushnell, and tasco. They all have a purpose. They all have a different orgin story. My eyes have not cooperated with any Nikon, but they're a massive company with good success so they must make something that people like. I have two pairs of vortex diamondbacks. A 10x42 and a 9x36. Both have been great. I got the 9x36 new 8 years ago, and I'll be sending into to be re-purged as I had a foggy eye last year. The 10x42's i bought used and they've been great. I have no fears about buying used vortex because worst case scenario you send it in and get it fixed/new ones. As mentioned in previous posts, better glass costs more. Buy at the top end of your budget. If you've been sporting $35 8x25 bushnells in the past, basically any and all binos are going to make you a very happy hunter for at least a few years.

I'd look at maven c1s on Amazon. Good price for some decent glass. Buddy has them and loves them.

i like my crossfire 8x42 had them for a few years, this year they will be left in the truck, going to be upgrading to something with a bit more mag on it and that feels better looking through with glasses on

I tried my buddies Diamondback 8x42's while on a hunt last year and was impressed. Ended up buying a pair this year. Best advice in this thread is to go and try out different ones if you can, see what you like and buy that. Check the warranty just in case. More companies are following the Vortex model with extended / unlimited warranties, Nikon does as well now (though they've been real pains about warranties in the past, at least when it came to camera gear).Good luck