Thread: Howe Sound fishing report

Howe Sound fishing report

Went up and launched at Porteau today to chase some Pink salmon. It was pretty calm so we headed over to the McNab side. Saw a few schools of pinks but they were 4’ or so below the surface, hard to see. We found one school up on the surface and were able to get one on the fly. All in all in was pretty slow, will try again next week. Got some prawns at least.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Howe Sound fishing report

Glad to hear they're starting to show thanks for the report jam'
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

I was out Saturday in the boat. Saw a few jumpers at Potlatch but decided to fish the highway side of the sound. Got one little pink off of Furry but then hauled in one that measured 24 inches whilst trolling the rocks between porteau and the golf hole at Furry. Biggest one i have ever caught. Got him trolling a 9wt fly rod with a type 6 sinker and a pink hoochie on. Other than that i have found it pretty slow going all weekend on the salt.

Fished the bell this morning in English bay. Got one chinook and lost another one. Got them at 35'
    Back to Porteau on Friday.

Been super slow for us. Couldn't find the.schools from porteau to watts this evening. Didn't go to McNab side though.

Update:
    Went to Porteau yesterday afternoon, dropped the prawn traps and headed over to Mcnab for the high tide, didn't see one fish in the river mouth, it was disappointing. One the way back though we started seeing schools at the point between the Mcnab side and Potlatch side, fished there and got our limit.

I read on the Pacific Angler fishing report last week that there were pinks on the west side of Bowen, I wonder if they head up on the west side of Anvil and hit that point and then head over to Mcnab, it seems that the currents converge there. There were quite a few schools going towards Mcnab.

Time to fire up the smoker. Heading back on Monday or Tuesday.

Nice! I'm starting to see a few people in the rivers at Squamish. When the bite is on pinks are a great way to introduce people to salmon fishing. Not bad smoked either.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?