Thread: Mathews Vertix.

Mathews Vertix.

Hey everyone I recently purchased the Vertix this spring and am having troubles on Archers Advantage of finding a arrow that has good FOC and is spined properly for my bow. I was looking at Easton FMJ but with adding 5 lbs for a 6in brace height and another 5 for the ibo speed over 340 they seem to be out of the question. IM at 70lbs on a 29in draw length looking for a arrow around the high 400-low500gn area and will be cut at 29". would be much appreciated if people could lend some info on what they are using or any ideas. Much appreciated.

Eric

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mathews Vertix.

Have had good luck with Victory arrows. Check them out and pick your flavour. 350 spine on the light end could probably go 300 spine depending on your point weight

Easton Axis are excellent shafts....something around a 300 spine should work well, although you might use a 330 and get by...but it seems it might be tad weak. I shoot a 29" draw, 6.5" brace height 65# Prime Rival...340 IBO with Easton Carbon Injexion 330s with the factory Deep-6 20 gr outsert plus a Firenock 34 gr outsert so I can use regular thread broadheads (100 gr for 3-blade 1.5" expandable for me) giving 16% FOC. Good luck!

+1 on the Easton axis arrows. Add a 75 grain insert if you want to get more F.O.C. and 125grain broadhead.. at your DL should get you well up there

I have a triax at 70lbs, 30inch draw. I shot the FMJ’s in 300 spine with 150 grain points and they shot okay. Switched to Easton Axis, with 70gr brass insert and 100gr points and the shoot lights out. Also a little cheaper than the fmj and don’t have to worry about them bending. I got mine through just shooting arrows. May have to wait a bit for him to build or get them in for you but we’ll worth it.

Check in with boh archery in salmo. Black eagle arrows. He'll get you set up with the rifht arrow for your draw weight and length.

Pricing is great. My brother in law searched online through out Canada and boh was obviously best pricing as he bought from jake. I did the same and was really happy.

Google black eagle. Growing brand. Looks like aaron grom kifaru and gritty bowmen guy uses black eagle.

Won't be disappointed.

I got black eagle carnivores with brass inserts. .003 tolerance and 100gr broad heads and I'm about 15% foc. Solod set up and shoots well.

Thanks everyone that has replied the information here has really helped. New arrows are on their way!!!
    All information was greatly appreciated and best of luck out their this year everyone.