Thread: Moose - 6-30 zone A

Moose - 6-30 zone A

Hi Guys,
    Pulled LEH Moose tag for the first time, and from google maps and speaking to a biologist in the area, i feel i have a fair amount of information but boots on the ground can never be beat, which is why I am off for a scout in a few weeks.

anyone who has hunted the area, would be keen to hear what you have seen in terms of terrain getting in and out the bush or any other information welcome. PM welcome too
    Google is only so good, just trying to be prepared.

Also anyone have the number for the region 6 CO, i have left VM on the number in the regs but it seems he has left and no longer works there?

Cheers

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose - 6-30 zone A

The bush along the roadsides can be pretty thick but once you punch through, you can find a lot of open areas - open forest, wetlands and whatnot. Use google earth, and bring a saw in case you get lucky. There are also several lakes with road access, so a boat can be a big help. This is my second year with that draw, it's a good spot.

The main roads get hunted hard 12 months a year, the moose are concentrated in pockets around swamps and lakes. Fun hunt during the rut. Plenty of big grizz in the area

Thank you guys.

how did you manage the same draw for two years in a row thought there was a waiting period between draws i have not had a draw for ten years gettn pissed

Quote Originally Posted by big bull View Post
    how did you manage the same draw for two years in a row thought there was a waiting period between draws i have not had a draw for ten years gettn pissed
    Sorry to hear that but it is clearly a lottery draw...... not an allocation.

You get reduced odds for 3 years but you still have a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    You get reduced odds for 3 years but you still have a chance!
    Seen one guy pull the same moose draw for 9years in a row with odds ranging from 5-10 to 1. Seen lots of less extreme examples as well. Maybe reduced odds will actually play a roll now that B.C. is computerized but in the past I call BS on reduced odds.

Some have good good luck or play the odds others have crap luck and don’t apply with odds in mind

6-30 A is a big area to hunt. Pick an area and focus on it. I've hunted the area for years and you need to get off the road and explore around the lakes and old clear cuts that aren't planted. You'll have to explore to find these areas. Rut is usually Sept 25ish to Oct 05ish. Hope this helps.