Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saskatchewan judge

Saskatchewan judge

I read online today that a Saskatchewan judge ruled that all natives can hunt in Saskatchewan without a hunting license for moose. Course I dont feel that is fair but what do others think?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Saskatchewan judge

Read it WHERE ? Link Please ! Thks RJ

The Crown argued Saskatchewan was trying to preserve game for its own native community, and an expansive view would have hindered that.

"There is no evidence, even now, that we have a problem with a large number of native hunters entering to hunt within the province," wrote Kovach. "It seems to me that this just wasn't a big problem and certainly wasn't something that one would allow to stand in the way of the deal."
    Maybe not a popular opinion around here but I think it's a pretty fair assessment by the judge.

Locally, on the Manitoba border, it is a big problem now. The judge is ill informed.
    The unintended consequence is to remove any possibility of managing Moose harvest by SERM.
    I believe there was a possibility of negotiating a harvest agreement with First Nation treaty adherents within the Province, so that hunting was based on harvestable surplus, but now the gates are wide open. Moose populations in the forest fringe of Saskatchewan are already in deep trouble.
    It is one thing to acknowledge that the boundaries of Saskatchewan do not conform to traditional territory, but another to leave big game harvest totally unrestricted.
    No surprise, the Government of Saskatchewan will be appealing to a higher court.

The original intent of section 35 rights was so the King of England, or any other King, or any anti hunting globalist leader couldn't take the culture of hunting from Canada's indigenous, like the threat of hunting being taken away from the citizens today.

So then the courts come along and interpret it to mean another, thereby making itself an entity unto itself with nobody to answer to.
    The addition of the UN and their articles being implemented by Trudeau, and in BC by Horgan will simply be another tool for our court system to use in defining Canadian lifestyle further.

It shows a different picture here in BC if the FN from Saskatchewan were to come here and hunt unfettered...surely whats good for the goose is good for the gander.....

As it is, BC has an issue with the International boundary vs. traditional territory of First Nations. The court has already spoken in the case of a US resident First Nations man hunting in BC.

Needs to be challenged in the Supreme Court, however with Liberal judges Turdo has appointed the decision may stand.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Quote Originally Posted by dakoda62 View Post
    Needs to be challenged in the Supreme Court, however with Liberal judges Turdo has appointed the decision may stand.
    Of the current 9 Supreme Court Judges, 6 were appointed by the Conservatives.
    With the soon to be retirement of Gascon, the next appointment will be by Trudeau based on the recommendations of the Advisory Board headed by ex Conservative Leader Kim Campbell.
    One might then suggest that the present Supreme Court is still dominated by Conservative appointed Judges.

Its time we started ignoring the "licensing" bull shit.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach