Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saskatchewan judge

Re: Saskatchewan judge

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    The original intent of section 35 rights was so the King of England, or any other King, or any anti hunting globalist leader couldn't take the culture of hunting from Canada's indigenous, like the threat of hunting being taken away from the citizens today.

So then the courts come along and interpret it to mean another, thereby making itself an entity unto itself with nobody to answer to.
    The addition of the UN and their articles being implemented by Trudeau, and in BC by Horgan will simply be another tool for our court system to use in defining Canadian lifestyle further.

It shows a different picture here in BC if the FN from Saskatchewan were to come here and hunt unfettered...surely whats good for the goose is good for the gander.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Of the current 9 Supreme Court Judges, 6 were appointed by the Conservatives.
    With the soon to be retirement of Gascon, the next appointment will be by Trudeau based on the recommendations of the Advisory Board headed by ex Conservative Leader Kim Campbell.
    One might then suggest that the present Supreme Court is still dominated by Conservative appointed Judges.
    Yes and yes.
    It's going to get messy if things aren't made better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Of the current 9 Supreme Court Judges, 6 were appointed by the Conservatives.
    With the soon to be retirement of Gascon, the next appointment will be by Trudeau based on the recommendations of the Advisory Board headed by ex Conservative Leader Kim Campbell.
    One might then suggest that the present Supreme Court is still dominated by Conservative appointed Judges.

Supreme court has nothing to do with this.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

The problem lies in the perception that first nations hunt for food and the rest of us hunt for fun.
    Until that perception changes, first nations will be getting a free ride to kill whatever they want and we will be restricted more and more in what we can do.
    For that reason I would like to give 50 lashes to everyone who calls hunting sport and/or mentions the word hunting and sport in the same sentence.
    1. Human over population

The big concern here should be that this now sets a president that all FN can hunt anywhere in Canada at anytime

First Nations I Saskatchewan have a contractual right to hunt, it's called a Treaty.
    The problem is how do we move to a harvestable surplus style management, in that legal framework.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Read it WHERE ? Link Please ! Thks RJ
    JR it was posted on a hunting forum on Facebook. I'll try and find it again for you.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Supreme court has nothing to do with this.
    Read Dakoda's post that I referenced - he was the one that brought up the Supreme Court.
    And yes, if a case like this goes the full route it would end up in the Supreme Court.

Its time we started ignoring the "licensing" bull shit.
    Yup, agreed.

The problem lies in the perception that first nations hunt for food and the rest of us hunt for fun.
    Until that perception changes, first nations will be getting a free ride to kill whatever they want and we will be restricted more and more in what we can do.
    For that reason I would like to give 50 lashes to everyone who calls hunting sport and/or mentions the word hunting and sport in the same sentence.
    I have been telling you guys for years now, its not a sport, the word sport was and is used by the antis, now its coming back to bite us all in the ass... Oh but how you all agued with me I even started a thread a couple years ago to sound the alarm but once again was laughed at....

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I have been telling you guys for years now, its not a sport, the word sport was and is used by the antis, now its coming back to bite us all in the ass... Oh but how you all agued with me I even started a thread a couple years ago to sound the alarm but once again was laughed at....

No, I never argued with you. I know better
    1. Human over population