Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting help advice offerred..

Re: Hunting help advice offerred..

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    Hello Brian,
    I am building my cabin in Forest Grove, but haven't hunted the area yet.
    Maybe one day we can meet and talk a little about places to go there.
    Cheers, Otto
    Hey that would be fantastic! I know the area pretty well as I've been going there since 1979 as a child but have never hunted up there. There are a few old logging roads that have grown over that are good plus far end of the lake accessible by canoe we could hunt.
    Where in Forest Grove are you building?

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm here spot and stalk with mulies..blinds for whitetails imo
    Good luck
    Srupp
    I was wondering about that as the timber is pretty thick. Thx for your input Steve

Heading up to Sheridan on Monday! Any advice for hunting the area would be much appreciated, just got my licence last year.

Cheers

Hmmm hunting what? In August? Only thing open is hares ? A lot of the area is burned on the south side, lots of private property on north side from hwy 97 to Sheridan is good moose when holding a LEH..deer are there but much better towards little fort end.
    The BC Lions cheerleaders have a retreat up near there a bit later..always nice to turn the corner and encounter 30 young attractive fit ladies in flattering workout attire flagging a poor old hunter down..and I quote" willing to do just about anything for a cigarette "
    Lol..never ever expected that..
    More info needed..first post? Requires a joke....

If fishing Sheridan..ruby eyed leach all your deep sinking flyline out....row just fast enough to keep the line straight in 30 feet of h2o...
    Cheers
    Srupp
    Last edited by srupp; 08-01-2019 at 11:45 PM.

Just hunting beers this week but will be back up late September early October, Mule deer and grouse.

Steven you have helped many members On this site very generous of you !
    Arctic Lake

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Ok Steven I have one small request, in the last few years I’ve passed up a lot of Mule Deer bucks in search of a big clean Typical Mule Deer, last year I snuck within 50 yards of a bedded 160 class buck and as much as I wanted to try out my newly GEF built 6.5-284 Ultralight rifle I passed......

In the past we would usually see one dandy every year between our family hunts but not so much anymore ?

Now where’s my best chance of finding that big typical in BC ?
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 08-02-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Interesting how some always help.
    I know when I was younger I was "super competitive".
    Always was stressed driving up to my EK elk hunts and wondering "how many others" would be there and camped by the road closure etc.
    And then I wanted to be the 1st guy awake and out up the hill so as to beat anyone to the possibility of finding "my elk"

But as I have become older, I have lost that and now just take it as it comes and try to relax and just do my best and not worry about who else is out there.
    Sometimes use them to my advantage, I suppose.

But yes, some guys think it has to be "Top Secret" all the time!
    Even talk to a few folks and asked if they belonged to HBC at all.
    They all say "no".
    They don't want to "share" their knowledge.
    That's just how some folks are.

For me, if it wasn't for some people along the way showing me "other tactics" and "where", I wouldn't be anywhere near the hunter I am today.
    Another thing with age also is you cant do some of the hunts you once could if you develop physical health issues.
    So I suppose when that happens, it becomes even easier to share info.
    But folks like Srupp are rare!

Quote Originally Posted by Rombie View Post
    Heading up to Sheridan on Monday! Any advice for hunting the area would be much appreciated, just got my licence last year.

Cheers
    Best of luck when hunting season rolls around. No hunting in August but I am sure you are aware of that. Great fishing at this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm hunting what? In August? Only thing open is hares ? A lot of the area is burned on the south side, lots of private property on north side from hwy 97 to Sheridan is good moose when holding a LEH..deer are there but much better towards little fort end.
    The BC Lions cheerleaders have a retreat up near there a bit later..always nice to turn the corner and encounter 30 young attractive fit ladies in flattering workout attire flagging a poor old hunter down..and I quote" willing to do just about anything for a cigarette "
    Lol..never ever expected that..
    More info needed..first post? Requires a joke....

If fishing Sheridan..ruby eyed leach all your deep sinking flyline out....row just fast enough to keep the line straight in 30 feet of h2o...
    Cheers
    Srupp
    Lmao are you kidding me about the cheerleaders!? If it's TRUE sure hope you didnt pull the same stunt as that movie dumb and dumber at the end when the bus load of girls stopped asking for directions...lol