Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting help advice offerred..

Hunting help advice offerred..

I truly enjoy sharing hunting help advice. .as its true no one gets there alone..nor ever have I.
    I have had tremendous responses to my yearly offer..
    More why and how..not so much..over by that tree...
    I am getting ready for my wife and I holiday to Sheridan lake in a week..will then be hosting a bear client / friend from 30 years ago..when information was shared in writing..he actually still has my 30 year old reply...amazing. ..
    I have several folks that sent emails and never caught up the JENNINGS lake area...
    Couple on moose by 150 mile..
    By August 10 I will be unavailable untill Detlef leaves mid Oct..then I will be busy mule deer, whitetail hunting for us.
    Good luck to all, straight shooting and please be safe.
    Hoping some of the chats have helped as LEH authorizations are becoming rare..and the opportunity to be cherished.
    cheers
    Srupp

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting help advice offerred..

I have never gone mule deer hunting. This fall might be my first time. That is if I can make to my cabin on Ruth lake in late October early November. I have been throwing around the idea of setting up a blind to hunt from. In your experience Srupp what have you had most success with spot and stalk or hunting from a blind?
    I have a good idea of a few places I could hunt from a blind in the area around the cabin.
    I know the forest is quite think so maybe a spot and stock wouldn't be most ideal?
    Have you had any experience hunting around Ruth lake?
    Brian

Have a great season Steve
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Your definitely a rare breed Steve and the hunting community could use more people like you

I never met you Steve but I appreciate all you do for the forum. We talked in depth several years ago regarding camping safety in the Chilcotin regarding vandalism and places to avoid, hopefully it's better now! Have a great trip and be safe yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    I have never gone mule deer hunting. This fall might be my first time. That is if I can make to my cabin on Ruth lake in late October early November. I have been throwing around the idea of setting up a blind to hunt from. In your experience Srupp what have you had most success with spot and stalk or hunting from a blind?
    I have a good idea of a few places I could hunt from a blind in the area around the cabin.
    I know the forest is quite think so maybe a spot and stock wouldn't be most ideal?
    Brian
    Hello Brian,
    I am building my cabin in Forest Grove, but haven't hunted the area yet.
    Maybe one day we can meet and talk a little about places to go there.
    Cheers, Otto
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

srupp.
    Although I seldom post, I read all content of the site regularly. I must say that I look forward to your contributions, as they are without fail classy and informative. Thank you.

PM sent!
    Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask about a few spots.

Thanks for the advice Steve. Hopefully my buddy does good with your information and we can send you some moose pictures as a Christmas present. Good luck on your adventures!

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    Brian
    Hmmm here spot and stalk with mulies..blinds for whitetails imo
    Good luck
    Srupp