Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hunting help advice offerred..

Re: Hunting help advice offerred..

Quote Originally Posted by Rombie View Post
    Yeah just fishing and family time this trip and thank you
    We are staying @Sheridan lake resort..green kingranch 4 door truck, green canopy with boatloader and lund 12 foot tin boat,26 foot Citation travel trailer..black lab..will be there from 13th for 12 days..
    cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Cant go wrong with either..the wolves from ducks unlimited pond south through jackpine rd..the old Grondein ranch right out at mcintosh have been obviously increasing..with all the huge cutblocks makes one wonder why? Its grown up to eliminate direct sight by wolves accross the cuts.but the tracks tell the story..
    Still ...agree with backside of the lake.
    Srupp
    I saw some Grizz sign just behind Macintosh lake, so be wary. Lots and lots of wolves by Tisdall lake, lots of old sign and heard em just howling off in a far distance all night

Hi Mosin my buddy has a moose tag for are 5-02 zone d. Do you have any intel on that area

Steven , what u do for the hunting people on this forum is outstanding and very helpful, I know this first hand from the sage advice You have given me the last two years with success in both years due to your help, thank u so much ,I wish u great success on your hunts this season.

Steven, I hope your health is improving and you are able to hunt like a teenager this year.

I chickened out on the place you suggested for me this year. I need more time flying up in that area before I'll be comfortable on a solo hunt. With my hunting success rate there is a fair chance I'd starve to death waiting for a break in the weather to fly out.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Hmmmm......come on Steven, I’m still waiting for the details on that 30” 190 class Mule Deer spot, I’m looking for a clean Typical to no junk
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Well we got back Sunday nite, saw group of 4 Grizzly second day, probably 3 cubs and mom but they were all very large. Saw different Grizzly third day. 2 different black bear sows with 3 cubs each and a single black bear. 2 cows, 2 UMO (Unidentified Moose Object), and 2 linx. Wet and rainy for the most part with some sun. Finally got frost wed and Thursday nite and had a bull come in to the call on Friday but he held in the trees thrashing a bit and then the wind shifted and he was gone without us getting a look. Saturday morning, last day of the hunt, called in a 5 x 7 bull which we spotted about 400 yards away around 8:30 on a rise moving closer to us but going to be downwind soon so my son closed the distance to a couple hundred yards and we had him quartered and hanging back at camp by noon.
    Neither of the cows we saw had calves. Wolves were howling most nites a few hundred yards from our camp.

Wish I saw this thread sooner haha I'm going with my GF's Opa over the thanksgiving weekend, what advice do you have for a non-resident (me) in the quesnel area for white tail, mulies and bear?

Thank you.

Hey Steven,

As a new hunter, just joined this site last year, I have enjoyed and appreciate your stories and advice. I am truly thankful of members on here like you, and others, who selflessly share information or give guidance. It really means a lot.

All the best to you this hunting season!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton